17 Apr '20 03:26

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 06:221 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    and I am "racist" because you think I am "white" and/or a "Western scientist". Got it.
    I have news for you, not all whites and 'western scientists' are racist and to call them all racist is racist.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 21:092 edits

4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 21:242 edits
    Needham extolled the achievements of Chinese science and
    technology in ways that would be intolerably painful to racist Westerners.
    Now you are just talking moronic BS.
    I and all other people I know of wouldn't find anybody's, including Needham, extolment of "the achievements of Chinese science and
    technology" done in a way to be "intolerably painful". "painful" in what way? Can you give any one example of a way it could be done that I and other 'westerners' would find "painful"?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '20 23:011 edit

6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Apr '20 06:344 edits
    I don't deny that the "Chinese were capable of the achievements that he attributed to them." and I am unaware of anyone I know personally (so excluding Trump) who just might.
    And, judging by your arbitrarily attacks on people in this forum consisting of calling them racist when they showed no indication of being racist, it would be a fair bet you do the same in the Debates forum thus the majority of people there you call racist there are also not racist. You, on the other hand, are racist against westerners and thus no better than the minority of people who really are racist against the Chinese.
    It's a common racist belief the best that Chinese science and
    technology has or ever can do is make ersatz copies of superior
    Western science and technology.
    I for one have never met anyone who expresses such racists believes and I don't have such beliefs myself thus this apparently isn't a 'common' racist belief at least in the sense that most westerners, including westerner scientists, have no such racist beliefs and you would be deluded with racism against westerners to think otherwise.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '20 13:25
    Nobel prize winner says SARS2 "Could Only Have Been Created In A Lab".

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/covid-19-man-made-virus-hiv-discoverer-says-could-only-have-been-created-lab?fbclid=IwAR39l4rZ0-k276GyRoZVKr5wA5J2eIEMJE_iCP-L70J01e63MY0nAAyrvDo
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Apr '20 15:011 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Nobel prize winner says SARS2 "Could Only Have Been Created In A Lab".

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/covid-19-man-made-virus-hiv-discoverer-says-could-only-have-been-created-lab?fbclid=IwAR39l4rZ0-k276GyRoZVKr5wA5J2eIEMJE_iCP-L70J01e63MY0nAAyrvDo
    Your link is BS.
    It says;

"...Indian researchers have already tried to publish the results of the analyses that showed that this coronavirus genome contained sequences of another virus, … the HIV virus (AIDS virus), but they were forced to withdraw their findings as the pressure from the mainstream was too great..."

This above doesn't make much sense. If they 'tried' to publish it then it would have been published because this so called "mainstream", whatever group of people that supposed to be (who are they? All scientists? ), cannot block such a publication (HOW would they? Kill the publisher?) especially as they most likely wouldn't even know about it before publication so how can they, even if they wanted to, try and block what they are not even yet aware of?
    And how would this so-called expert know anything about this if it was never published? Where did HE get his facts from?

And according to your link this so-called expert says;

"with the help of interfering waves, we could eliminate these sequences and as a result stop the pandemic."

What kind of "interfering waves" can "eliminate these sequences and as a result stop the pandemic"? I smell made up crap here pretending to be science.

And what about all those videos I showed from real experts that explain the reasons why C19 is unlikely to have been produced from in a laboratory? Why dismiss their expert opinion in favor of this said expert?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '20 21:31

10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 00:37
    @humy said
    Your link is BS.
    It says;

"...Indian researchers have already tried to publish the results of the analyses that showed that this coronavirus genome contained sequences of another virus, … the HIV virus (AIDS virus), but they were forced to withdraw their findings as the pressure from the mainstream was too great..."

This above doesn't make much sense. If they 'tried' to p ...[text shortened]... e been produced from in a laboratory? Why dismiss their expert opinion in favor of this said expert?
    They've talked about this in two BBC website stories [1][2]. The first link [1] is pretty non-committal about the possibility that covid-19 is due to a laboratory escape. It focuses on alleged problems with procedures at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The second article [2] is more definite and rejects notions that the virus is artificial. It looks at the paper cited in the Zero Hedge article cited in the OP as well as some other conspiracy theories. The authors withdrew it themselves, in part because the sequences they found are very short and in many organisms. It was proof of nothing.

Zero Hedge is informationally useless.

[1] https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52318539
    [2] https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52310194
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 06:45
    That is just your stupid Straw man; I say and think and never denied that, just as your anti-Westerner racism exists, anti-Chinese racism exists. The thing is, less than 1% of the many people I personally know of have ever shown evidence that they may have it.
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 06:481 edit
    @deepthought said

Zero Hedge is informationally useless.

[1] https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52318539
    Thanks for that.
    That confirms what I basically suspected about his website.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 07:04
    @humy said
    Your link is BS.
    It says;

This above doesn't make much sense. If they 'tried' to p ...[text shortened]... e been produced from in a laboratory? Why dismiss their expert opinion in favor of this said expert?
    You are calling a Nobel prize winner a so called expert? Please explain.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 07:09
    @deepthought said
    They've talked about this in two BBC website stories [1][2]. The first link [1] is pretty non-committal about the possibility that covid-19 is due to a laboratory escape. It focuses on alleged problems with procedures at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The second article [2] is more definite and rejects notions that the virus is artificial. It looks at the paper cite ...[text shortened]... [1] https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52318539
    Zero Hedge simply reported what a Nobel Prize winner said. Shouldn't you be critical of the Nobel prize winner instead of Zero Hedge?
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    19 Apr '20 07:3810 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Zero Hedge simply reported what a Nobel Prize winner said.
    We don't know if that's true and may well not be.
    What they "reported" looks like misleading information if not including BS lies of what he said. As I previously implied, what they said he said doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense making me naturally think they may be just putting nonsense words in his mouth he didn't actually say.
    For example;

"with the help of interfering waves, we could eliminate these sequences and as a result stop the pandemic."

just sounds like made up gibberish BS to any science expert (what KIND of "interfering waves"? If you insist than makes sense, Why don't YOU answer that?) unconvincing pretending to sound vaguely scientific and can surely only be one of either two things; Either he never said those words and Zero Hedge simply lied, or they randomly took that assertion of his out of its proper context where it does make sense but then inserted into their weblink where it is completely out of its proper context and where it no longer makes any sense and doesn't have relevance to whatever they are trying to imply. Either way, they are being highly dishonest.

In short, Zero Hedge 'report' is obviously to most science experts just dishonest BS and should be dismissed as such.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree