1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 02:58
    I just watched this video and it really puts our existence into perspective and well, should make anyone humble in the face of the size or our universe.

This amazes me both in the fact that we are so small, but mostly because we have gained the ability to find out just how small we are.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p86BPM1GV8M
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 12:44
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I just watched this video and it really puts our existence into perspective and well, should make anyone humble in the face of the size or our universe.

This amazes me both in the fact that we are so small, but mostly because we have gained the ability to find out just how small we are.

I used to watch Cosmos religiously. What an erudite man. Eloquent comes to mind. Visionary. BTW, it was his hypothesis, subsequently proven, that Venus would be extremely hot due to a runaway greenhouse effect.
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 19:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I used to watch Cosmos religiously. What an erudite man. Eloquent comes to mind. Visionary. BTW, it was his hypothesis, subsequently proven, that Venus would be extremely hot due to a runaway greenhouse effect.
    I definitely need to watch the cosmos series. I only get the chance to watch parts of it through youtube.

I have his book "Demon Haunted World" sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be read. I've heard it's a classic in skeptical thinking and reality based thinking.

I have to make my way through the book I'm currently reading first at least and I have another one in line.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '08 21:33
    squeeking of books, here is one I heartily recommend:
    Phantoms in the Brain by V.S. Ramachandran MD, Phd and Sandra Blakeslee
    It opened up vista's of the mind for me! A revelation on every page about the way the mind works.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 03:22
    [b]I just watched this video and it really puts our existence into perspective and well, should make anyone humble in the face of the size or our universe.
    The key word is SHOULD make us humble. LOL.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 03:49

MY MAMA SEZ SIZE DUN MATTA
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '08 04:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    The key word is SHOULD make us humble. LOL.
    Yes. And are you just saying that there are those that aren't? Are you suggesting I am not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree