1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 12:28
    I wonder whether Alan Turing would have thought a 13-yr old boy would be a sufficient challenge:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27762088

I thought that IBM's performance in the game show Jeopardy was pretty amazing. Given that semantics were involved and not brute-force calculation, I think that was a greater achievement than defeating world's chess champions.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 12:41
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I wonder whether Alan Turing would have thought a 13-yr old boy would be a sufficient challenge:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27762088

I thought that IBM's performance in the game show Jeopardy was pretty amazing. Given that semantics were involved and not brute-force calculation, I think that was a greater achievement than defeating world's chess champions.
    And besides, the test passes if only 1/3rd of the judges think it is human? What kind of test is that? I would have thought a majority would be needed to get a pass. At least 50%.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 13:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And besides, the test passes if only 1/3rd of the judges think it is human? What kind of test is that? I would have thought a majority would be needed to get a pass. At least 50%.
    Am I a Turing machine simulating a FabianFnas person, or not, who can tell anymore?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 14:52
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Am I a Turing machine simulating a FabianFnas person, or not, who can tell anymore?
    According to that test, at least 2/3rds would say no and we would still pass thinking you were computer.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Jun '14 17:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Hmm, maybe you're a multiple-personality and only 1/3 of you is FabianFnas; the other 2/3 might be cyborg--in which case, you've topped the 30% margin for fooling us into thinking you're human.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree