1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 10:27
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but 'That's funny...�" -Issac Asimov http://www.searchquotes.com/search/Funny_Debate/1/ True? False? Comments...
    Old Isaac certainly was a genius. I read him and Robert Heinlein a lot when I was a kid.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 10:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Old Isaac certainly was a genius. I read him and Robert Heinlein a lot when I was a kid.
    From what I have heard from historical records, as a scientist, Isaac was brilliant, but, as a man, he wasn't nearly so nice and not likeable. I personally think that two good example of scientists that where both brilliant scientists and good and likeable in character are Einstein and Darwin.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 11:17

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 11:32
    Originally posted by humy
    From what I have heard from historical records, as a scientist, Isaac was brilliant, but, as a man, he wasn't nearly so nice and not likeable. I personally think that two good example of scientists that where both brilliant scientists and good and likeable in character are Einstein and Darwin.
    There was this other Isaac, from what I read, a real assshole besides being one of the greatest scientists of all time.

But his treatment of Hooke was uncalled for. Hooke himself was not the worlds nicest guy but Newton raked him over the coals:

http://www.vigyanprasar.gov.in/scientists/rhooke.htm

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree