1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Nov '08 13:41
    http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
    I think that is now the second one directly seen.
  2. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '08 13:32
    I think that is really impressive, seeing the whole universe. But I get the feeling of helplesness watching the magnitude of the universe, yet stuck in this little planet without any way of exploring what's out there.

Don't you agree?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Nov '08 07:111 edit
    Originally posted by dannyUchiha
    I think that is really impressive, seeing the whole universe. But I get the feeling of helplesness watching the magnitude of the universe, yet stuck in this little planet without any way of exploring what's out there.

Don't you agree?
    Not anyway of exploring, we are working on that one too, don't forget, we have probes leaving the solar system as we speak, other probes on their way to Pluto as we speak, and of course Mars is sure getting a workover right now with the rovers, explorers, orbiters, and such, preparing the way for people to live there, maybe terraform it into a breathable atmosphere in a few hundred years. I think it's an exciting time for astronomy and space travel. Don't forget the International Space Station.
  4. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 12:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Not anyway of exploring, we are working on that one too, don't forget, we have probes leaving the solar system as we speak, other probes on their way to Pluto as we speak, and of course Mars is sure getting a workover right now with the rovers, explorers, orbiters, and such, preparing the way for people to live there, maybe terraform it into a breathable at ...[text shortened]... n exciting time for astronomy and space travel. Don't forget the International Space Station.
    But still, compared to the size of the universe, almost everything is still pretty much unexplored
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 07:51
    Originally posted by dannyUchiha
    But still, compared to the size of the universe, almost everything is still pretty much unexplored
    And will be a million years from now. It just means there is no end to the sense of wonder.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree