1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '09 12:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well then, it would seem you should be interested in research that actualizes a larger portion of our brains during our limited lifetimes rather than wait around for immortality or extreme long life.
    I did at once try to utilize Lysergic acid diethylamide in the hope that this may be the case, although evidence has proven it to be inconclusive, as I found, that instead of accessing areas that were latent or infrequently used, i feel it simply changed the perceptions that I had at present.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Mar '09 21:253 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I did at once try to utilize Lysergic acid diethylamide in the hope that this may be the case, although evidence has proven it to be inconclusive, as I found, that instead of accessing areas that were latent or infrequently used, i feel it simply changed the perceptions that I had at present.
    The latest chemical supposed to help aging is something called
    Resveratrol, here is one link:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS86486+10-Sep-2008+PRN20080910

This stuff is supposed to be the healthful ingredient in red wines but recent research has shown health food stores are pushing doses now shown to give an 8X greater chance for heart problems. So the new dose levels are something like 100 mg, it seems you can't buy the stuff in less than 400 to 3200 mg doses.

This follows the exact same pattern as the hormone melatonin. This stuff was shown by MIT to be worse than useless as a sleep aid if you take more than about 300 MICROGRAMS, which is what a healthy young person generates in the body, which lets you sleep at night. So right away the stupid so-called health food industry started pushing the stuff at dose levels up to 5 milligrams per pill. That is 5000 MICROGRAMS, more than ten times the dose that does any good. If you take that much, the body gets saturated with the stuff in a couple of days and will no longer help you sleep, but you still find 1 mg, 3 mg, 5 mg pills on the market. They are stupid and apparently can't read. So the same thing is going on with Resvaratrol, total asholes in charge of marketing try to convince people, hey, if 300 mg is great than 3000 mg must make you take 30 years off your age, get the picture? Even the lowest dose they make is three times too much. If you had a sensitive scale and if it were powdered, you could theoretically make up your own pills, I tried that with melatonin, seemed to work but I can only find 5 mg pills now, which are hard to cut down to 200 to 300 microgram doses. 99% of all health food industry companies are scam artists and let the buyer beware.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    16 Mar '09 21:59
    I tried ethanol, but it didn't really work. But I keep trying, who knows.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree