1. Germany
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 17:27
    Originally posted by @freakykbh

Apparently determining the extent of the claimed catastrophic projections by the climate change worriers didn't rise to the level of importance to you [...]
    What projections? By whom?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 18:38
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    What projections? By whom?
    If all you're willing to offer are questions which are readily available to anyone curious enough to look for themselves, I don't know that I can spend too much time on the conversation.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 19:04
    If all you're willing to offer are questions which are readily available to anyone curious enough to look for themselves, I don't know that I can spend too much time on the conversation.
    You are claiming that climate scientists made "catastrophic predictions" w.r.t. London and Miami. Who are these climate scientists?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 22:41
    You are claiming that climate scientists made "catastrophic predictions" w.r.t. London and Miami. Who are these climate scientists?
    When you upgrade your computer next, have someone add a web browser.
    Google, Bing, etc..
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 23:35
    Google, Bing, etc..
    Funny, we are using browsers as we speak and the great majority of climate scientists agree there is a huge danger with climate change. Oceans acidifying, coral reefs dying, island communities already having to move uphill, none of that means a thing to you and your metal lover does it? To say nothing of the ocean currents slower than anytime in the last 1000 years and glaciers 70% gone as we speak. No big deal, right, in ten years everything will be back to normal, white people will be back on top, the world will be great again, the US will be back as a world power and everything will be ok, right?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 01:09
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Funny, we are using browsers as we speak and the great majority of climate scientists agree there is a huge danger with climate change. Oceans acidifying, coral reefs dying, island communities already having to move uphill, none of that means a thing to you and your metal lover does it? To say nothing of the ocean currents slower than anytime in the last 1 ...[text shortened]... orld will be great again, the US will be back as a world power and everything will be ok, right?
    Why are you bringing up a completely different topic in response to my comment?

Direct your attention to the questions I posed, namely, why banks are still underwriting business ventures in areas which are allegedly going to suffer catastrophic losses.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 06:35
    Google, Bing, etc..
    So... climate scientists making "catastrophic predictions" about London and Miami. Is that something that actually happened, or something you imagine might have happened?
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 10:26
    So... climate scientists making "catastrophic predictions" about London and Miami. Is that something that actually happened, or something you imagine might have happened?
    And you wonder why no one wants to talk to you!
    Silly little fella!
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 13:53
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Funny, we are using browsers as we speak and the great majority of climate scientists agree there is a huge danger with climate change. Oceans acidifying, coral reefs dying, island communities already having to move uphill, none of that means a thing to you and your metal lover does it? To say nothing of the ocean currents slower than anytime in the last 1 ...[text shortened]... orld will be great again, the US will be back as a world power and everything will be ok, right?
    There you go making false assertions again. The majority of climate scientists do not claim there is a huge danger with climate change. Oceans are NOT acidifying, they are becoming a little less alkaline and they are not dying.
    Island communities have a high tide and hurricane problem, not a rising sea level problem. Glaciers are NOT 70% gone.

You are full of it. Stop spreading false info!
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 14:205 edits
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    There you go making false assertions again. The majority of climate scientists do not claim there is a huge danger with climate change. Oceans are NOT acidifying, they are becoming a little less alkaline and they are not dying.
    Island communities have a high tide and hurricane problem, not a rising sea level problem. Glaciers are NOT 70% gone.

You are full of it. Stop spreading false info!
    I know you want information in small doses so here is one, about acidification of the oceans:

http://www.noaa.gov/resource-collections/ocean-acidification

The numbers say it is up 30% and in absolute fact getting more acidic as time goes on.

Small temperature increases are killing coral reefs around the world, but hey, no big deal right? An entire ecobase dying before our very eyes and also, big whoop, something will take its place, right?

About glaciers, here is a piece about the loss of glaciers, also no big deal, just another cycle that will play out and glaciers will magically reappear in ten years right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retreat_of_glaciers_since_1850

You love to buck trends in science, that seems to be your reason for living, trying to prove the majority of scientists wrong, you are being the agent for your buddies who are also trying the same thing.

When Earth reaches a tipping point in climate change, some folks think it has already passed the point of no return, and big changes become obvious even to you, what will you do then, have a nervous breakdown or just go off to a res in Canada?

You can hide your head under the sand only so long before a tsunami comes and buries you underwater.

But of course, I am the assswipe here, right, all the changes I have seen in my 76 years mean nothing since you are right and we, that is to say, the majority of multi-disciplinarian sciences studying climate for the past 100 years and more are ALL wrong except for your buddies who buck the sick agenda of all those thousands of scientists who conclude we are headed for deep doo doo in climate, ocean levels, available arable land, fresh water, loss of entire species and eco systems, which btw are already happening on a huge scale caused 100% by humans, no big deal right? It will all come out in the wash and we will go on just as before, minus Florida, New Orleans and such.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 15:25
    And you wonder why no one wants to talk to you!
    Silly little fella!
    Don't make claims if you can't back them up.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 15:41
    Don't make claims if you can't back them up.
    You should advise the climate change worriers.
    They're the ones claiming the seas are going to rise.
    Your refusal to research their claims is on you, no one else.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 16:27
    You should advise the climate change worriers.
    They're the ones claiming the seas are going to rise.
    Your refusal to research their claims is on you, no one else.
    Can you back up your claim or not?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 18:01
    Can you back up your claim or not?
    When you learn to use your computer for research instead of trolling, I'll engage you.
    Otherwise, I simply don't have the time for such foolishness as having a conversation with a person who isn't even putting forth a modicum of effort.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '18 18:21
    This conversation, in summary:

"I can't believe everyone's talking about catastrophe."

"What catastrophe are you talking about?"

"Look it up."

"Look what up?"

"Stop asking questions."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree