1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 May '18 21:00
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    [b]And you refuse to accept even the most trivial of answers, atmosphere bends light. PERIOD.
    Since you are claiming that I am refusing to accept something, you can quote me in such a manner that a reasonable person would conclude that I have actually rejected said item.
    And, by “quote,” I mean to say, an actual quote.
    Me, in my own words, claimin ...[text shortened]... ou wish to argue, but I am declining to address, since you are the one bringing them up, not me.[/b]
    Like I said, you just ignore deep problems with your religion. Tell me you think flat Earth is wrong.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '18 13:28
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Like I said, you just ignore deep problems with your religion. Tell me you think flat Earth is wrong.
    I am asking you directly to support your claim that I have rejected the observable phenomenon of light's unique properties and behavior when influenced by atmospheric conditions.
    Either offer your examples of this, or remove the claim.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 May '18 18:374 edits
    I am asking you directly to support your claim that I have rejected the observable phenomenon of light's unique properties and behavior when influenced by atmospheric conditions.
    Either offer your examples of this, or remove the claim.
    Your main claim is Earth is flat. Do you now deny that? Your main evidence is seeing a town across the lake, that seems to be your ONLY evidence you present for that stance. Is that true? You have anything else or is your religion complete and you don't need any other evidence than seeing across a lake? Even in face of direct experiments showing the curvature of Earth, like the ocean experiments which you claimed was due to waves getting in the way of visualizing, a very poor rationale since the video you talked about had practically zero waves and not near enough to spoil curve measurements.
    So your religion is based on a one trick pony looks like to me.

And now Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk now join the list of liars now that spaceflight has gone
    commercial. So add them to the growing list of space faring nations and corporations.

What if Iran starts launching satellites? Do you seriously think they would also be in on the vast space conspiracy? Or NK, they have ICBM ready rockets now and that means they have the capability to launch satellites also, think THEY would be in on the vast international space fake conspiracy?

Correct me if I am wrong but you HAVE to decide they are ALL fake since ONE polar flight over Antarctica and your religion is shot to hell.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 May '18 19:45
    Your main claim is Earth is flat. Do you now deny that? Your main evidence is seeing a town across the lake, that seems to be your ONLY evidence you present for that stance. Is that true? You have anything else or is your religion complete and you don't need any other evidence than seeing across a lake? Even in face of direct experiments showing the curvat ...[text shortened]... cide they are ALL fake since ONE polar flight over Antarctica and your religion is shot to hell.
    It is not likely there is anyone in real life who tolerates such toxicity, but doubtless some traction can be found in here.
    Not with me for very long, but solace can be found in others, given the effort of finding such enablers.

Once the weight is released, we realize how heavy was the load.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 May '18 12:22
    It is not likely there is anyone in real life who tolerates such toxicity, but doubtless some traction can be found in here.
    Not with me for very long, but solace can be found in others, given the effort of finding such enablers.

Once the weight is released, we realize how heavy was the load.
    Nice, you should be able to turn that into a hiku, in other words, mere distraction hoping maybe I wouldn't see through it. So answer my questions but of course you won't, just move the goalpost yet again.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '18 13:20
    Nice, you should be able to turn that into a hiku, in other words, mere distraction hoping maybe I wouldn't see through it. So answer my questions but of course you won't, just move the goalpost yet again.
    The facts are before you; your response--- atmospheric conditions warping light, thereby affecting observation--- is demonstrably wrong.
    The goalposts have not moved, nor have they changed.
    It is the same goal in the same exact position; you continue to kick the ball everywhere but in its direction.
    On the rare occasion you even glance in the direction of the goal, the ball you kick toward it is wide and to the right.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 May '18 14:212 edits
    The facts are before you; your response--- atmospheric conditions warping light, thereby affecting observation--- is demonstrably wrong.
    The goalposts have not moved, nor have they changed.
    It is the same goal in the same exact position; you continue to kick the ball everywhere but in its direction.
    On the rare occasion you even glance in the direction of the goal, the ball you kick toward it is wide and to the right.
    In other words, you are a one trick pony. Your religion forbids you to even CONSIDER refutations of FE so you continue to ignore valid scientific arguments proving Earth is in fact semi-spherical, a bit fatter around the equator but still a sphere not a pancake.
    I notice and everyone else reading your drivel notices you don't even deign to answer the idea for instance about the FE equator where to travel on it you have to continuously turn left or right because you are in fact going around a circle but up that to a 3 D world that we really live in, you can follow the exact line of the equator forever going in a 100 % straight line on the surface of the globe. Obviously you are still going in a circle but this circle is in three dimensions so the part of the circle you travel on will forever be a 100% exact straight line.

You chose to ignore that absolute fact because your FE religion cannot even look at such ideas, again, 'don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up, Earth is flat and only us incredibly intelligent people in an overwhelming minority knows that and we are well aware of the vast international governmental/commercial conspiracy hiding that fact from the duped general public all around the world'.
    Does that about sum up your argument?

The real question here is, are you having a great time just pulling our leg since you have to know Earth is in fact a globe and you just want to see how many posts you can cause to happen, meanwhile laughing your ass off at our supposed expense, except the joke is on you because there are in fact intelligent people here who can see either possibility.
    Either you really believe the FE nonsense or are having a great laugh at what you think is our expense.

So either address the actual issues and come up with counter arguments or admit you are just pulling our legs. Which is it to be? My prediction: More fake hiku.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    05 May '18 15:15
    In other words, you are a one trick pony. Your religion forbids you to even CONSIDER refutations of FE so you continue to ignore valid scientific arguments proving Earth is in fact semi-spherical, a bit fatter around the equator but still a sphere not a pancake.
    I notice and everyone else reading your drivel notices you don't even deign to answer the ide ...[text shortened]... uments or admit you are just pulling our legs. Which is it to be? My prediction: More fake hiku.
    You've been given a puzzle you can't figure out, so you keep throwing the same wrong response at it, hoping it will stick.
    Kinda like me throwing the puzzle at you in the first place, I suppose.
    One of us isn't listening.
    I'll leave it to you to decide which of us it is.
    Best of luck.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 May '18 15:26
    You've been given a puzzle you can't figure out, so you keep throwing the same wrong response at it, hoping it will stick.
    Kinda like me throwing the puzzle at you in the first place, I suppose.
    One of us isn't listening.
    I'll leave it to you to decide which of us it is.
    Best of luck.
    Like I said all along, all you can do is put out more drivel with no substantiation. I expect now 'I know you are but what am I' kind of response. So we are yet again in another impasse since your FE religion blocks you from doing actual critical thinking.

Do you think nobody else reads this? You think this is just between you and me? Think again. All you are doing is digging yourself deeper and deeper into the sand of deliberate ignorance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree