1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 19:43
    @sonhouse said
    @caissad4
    It's amazing we actually SURVIVED the '70's, eh!
    Indeed ! Onward thru the fog !
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 20:19
    @soothfast said
    Psychedelics do indeed show great promise. Having experimented quite a bit with psilocybin mushrooms in the past, I can say that it opens ones eyes to new possibilities.
    I think everyone should try it at least once. At least for me, to remind oneself that control is an illusion.
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 21:37
    @sonhouse said
    @wildgrass

Hi, thanks! But shrooms and such have been used for MILLENIA.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/12/health/cannabis-anicent-dead-marijuana.html

Since boo has been around for millions of years, it is not a big stretch to think humans were using it a hundred thousand years ago also. All you have to do is be a vegetarian kind of human and eat a wild pot plant a ...[text shortened]... hose plants and fungi would be lost and found again a thousand times in the last million years also.
    There's also psychedelic cacti, of course, which have mescaline. While it's illegal to possess peyote cactus, the San Pedro cactus is perfectly legal. Very time intensive to prepare (six hours at least), and the resultant green, slimy beverage is very bitter. This method was pretty easy though, as you don't even have to remove the spines:

https://erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation5.shtml

Tried it in March. An interesting experience, but if I ever do it again it'll have to be a much stronger dose. 😉
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 21:49
    @caissad4 said
    For a mild experience you can try Baby Hawaiian Woodrose seeds . You can buy them on Ebay . Crush them (8 or 9 seeds) and place in a poultice , place poultice between cheek and gum and a mild high will follow .
    I think I read about woodrose seeds sometime last year. People chow them down to get something comparable to an LSD-like experience, but it's generally understood that nausea and vomiting about an hour or so in is part of the ritual. This may be why the DEA hasn't bothered to ban the seeds.

Then again, many have trouble keeping their cookies down on San Pedro cactus slime, or even shrooms, but I've never had problems with either.

Yet I cannot handle mayonnaise...
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Sep '19 22:01
    @wildgrass said
    I think everyone should try it at least once. At least for me, to remind oneself that control is an illusion.
    I think so too.

There was one 7-dry-gram shroom trip I had where, for a short while, I saw (or at least felt I saw)...well...everything. Like a complete Zen Awakening. Aztec-like glyphs were crawling across the walls, and suddenly I was singing in some strange language like an ancient shaman. Where did that come from? But it was utter bliss. Everything was connected.

During the comedown I got very philosophical, to where I was parsing all reality between Love and Mathematics in a way that was natural somehow, and made sense. Mathematics described boundaries, with Mind within and without. Can't be described in words, and I've long since lost the meaning of it, but the memory remains. Crazy.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 00:291 edit
    @Soothfast
    The san pedro cacti has mescaline?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 00:41
    @Soothfast
    Did you duplicate the recipe as given in the link? One FOOT long section for one dose?
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 04:35
    @sonhouse said
    @Soothfast
    Did you duplicate the recipe as given in the link? One FOOT long section for one dose?
    Yep, I did a foot-long section. It gave me a mild trip. Judging from my experiences with shrooms, I think I tend to need roughly 30% bigger doses to get the same experience as the average person. Maybe because I'm older, maybe because of the way my brain is wired. Don't know. Next time I would try 16 inches and boil it longer.

This was where I bought the goods: https://awco1988.com/

They were great.

San Pedro has mescaline, but it's not as concentrated as in peyote. Hence the large amount needing to be boiled down.

A cactus trip is generally thought of as being "warmer" and more gentle than a shroom trip. Also longer.
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 05:26
    @deepthought said
    According to the Wikipedia page it's metabolized into psilocin which is a partial agonist of HT-5 receptors which are normally activated by serotonin. There's some evidence that dopamine is also released by both LSD and psilocybin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin#Pharmacology
    That's right! It comes back to me now. I had researched a lot of this stuff obsessively back when I was working up the courage to try psilocybin mushrooms.
  10. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 07:16
    @soothfast said
    I think I read about woodrose seeds sometime last year. People chow them down to get something comparable to an LSD-like experience, but it's generally understood that nausea and vomiting about an hour or so in is part of the ritual. This may be why the DEA hasn't bothered to ban the seeds.

Then again, many have trouble keeping their cookies down on San Pedro cactus ...[text shortened]... me, or even shrooms, but I've never had problems with either.

Yet I cannot handle mayonnaise...
    Slight nausea is side effect. I never vomited though . It is more of a psilocybin high .
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 03:43
    @soothfast said
    I think so too.

There was one 7-dry-gram shroom trip I had where, for a short while, I saw (or at least felt I saw)...well...everything. Like a complete Zen Awakening. Aztec-like glyphs were crawling across the walls, and suddenly I was singing in some strange language like an ancient shaman. Where did that come from? But it was utter bliss. Everything was c ...[text shortened]... t be described in words, and I've long since lost the meaning of it, but the memory remains. Crazy.
    Write that down next time!

can it be harnessed as a medical treatment for depression/anxiety/Alzheimers?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 07:15
    @wildgrass
    Do you think hallucinations like that could have produced real glyphs of some other place and time, another planet maybe, real connections? Or could it just be the work of a creative mind?
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 14:041 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @wildgrass
    Do you think hallucinations like that could have produced real glyphs of some other place and time, another planet maybe, real connections? Or could it just be the work of a creative mind?
    They'll often test ones understanding of reality. And time.

Lots of non-chemical ways that are being prescribed these days, especially for depression. For example, sensory deprivation tanks etc.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 18:45
    @wildgrass
    If there was some kind of freaky multidimesional connection to some other place and/or time it would be hard if not impossible to be able to prove.
    I don't think there is such a thing but if there were.........
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 22:10
    @sonhouse said
    @wildgrass
    If there was some kind of freaky multidimesional connection to some other place and/or time it would be hard if not impossible to be able to prove.
    I don't think there is such a thing but if there were.........
    Many people have reported seeing what look like Aztec glyphs while tripping on shrooms. The Aztecs tripped on shrooms as part of certain ceremonial rites. I suspect, therefore, that Aztec glyphs were at least partially modeled on what Aztecs saw while tripping.

Others report encountering "entities" while tripping. During the come-up of my 7-gram trip (the one I mentioned earlier) I was in something of a trance, and had my eyes closed much of the time. I was seeing intricate "closed-eye visuals" during this, which is typical. But this was a strong trip, and in fact I was in what felt like another world, a kind of city of light inhabited by geometrical structures and beings. And I had a sense that the beings were keeping me out of the city until I was ready, and there was a strange humming sound what wasn't sound at all, but it's how I sensed it, like the beings were communicating amongst themselves and with me. The whole thing is probably best described as a waking dream.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree