1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Apr '10 22:38
    So I just bought a case of my favorite lager, Yuengling, a local Pennsylvania brew, great beer I think, anyway, I dropped the case bringing it in the house and it hit the steps pretty hard, no bottles broke, but if I opened them immediately, I think it would fizz out pretty bad. The question is, if I wait an hour or two, would the fizz go back in suspension or would it still fizz a day later even if I put them in the fridge? They were already cold btw.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    01 May '10 04:16
    The reason that carbonated beverages fizz up when you shake them is because of the nature of carbonation.

A container of carbonated beverage has a small space for gas in it between liquid and can. That gas is pressurized carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide under pressure dissolves into water making carbonic acid; when the pressure is released, the bubbles re-form and/or expand.

When you shake the bottle, some of that carbon dioxide gas sticks to the side or bottom of the container in bubble form underneath the surface of the liquid. If you open the bottle thereby depressurizing it, those bubbles will expand. The expansion of carbon dioxide is what causes that "hiss" when you open the bottle. If the bubbles are under the surface when they expand, they will push the liquid up, causing the fizzing.

To fix this, tap all the sides of the bottle with a pencil repeatedly to knock off the bubbles. This should fix the problem within a minute of shaking up the bottle.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '10 22:10
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The reason that carbonated beverages fizz up when you shake them is because of the nature of carbonation.

A container of carbonated beverage has a small space for gas in it between liquid and can. That gas is pressurized carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide under pressure dissolves into water making carbonic acid; when the pressure is released, the bub ...[text shortened]... knock off the bubbles. This should fix the problem within a minute of shaking up the bottle.
    Spoken like a true expert on beer🙂 Either it didn't shake up as much as I thought or it re-absorbed, I tried one a few minutes later without tapping and it was ok.
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    03 May '10 18:11
    Yanjing beer is really good on a hot day.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 May '10 02:41
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    Yanjing beer is really good on a hot day.
    I worked in Thailand upcountry for a few years and they had Sing Ha and Amarit, I liked both of those. There was Mamasan's steakhouse in NKP, they had great steaks and beer, popular cafe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree