1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 23:37
    if you put inflated balloons down your pants when you go running and you forget to do up your laces and trip over, will the balloons:

a:cushion the blow?
    b: pop?
    c: make you float away?

apologies if this thread has been done already, but i need to know urgently?
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 23:39
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    if you put inflated balloons down your pants when you go running and you forget to do up your laces and trip over, will the balloons:

You can't be serious... The lengths of the laces and the kind of pants, as well as the weather conditions must be known to answer that.
  3. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 00:56
    Originally posted by eatmybishop

The answer can be easily derived from the empirical fact (which I have verified) that a standard Durex strawberry-flavoured prophylactic holds three pints of water without bursting, but cannot tolerate the same amount of Guinness (I'm quite serious about this, and don't tell me that the resulting spilled Guinness was wasted -- it tasted of strawberries anyway).

I leave the details to you, as an exercise.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 05:21
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    The answer can be easily derived from the empirical fact (which I have verified) that a standard Durex strawberry-flavoured prophylactic holds three pints of water without bursting, but cannot tolerate the same amount of Guinness (I'm quite serious about this, and don't tell me that the resulting spilled Guinness was wasted -- it tasted of strawberries anyway).

I leave the details to you, as an exercise.
    :o

how many pints had you drunk before the experiment?
  5. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 18:19
    I don't think you actually drink Guiness...it's more like chew.

I swear that stuff is only made for thick necked guys named Gunter

Dave
  6. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 18:35
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    I swear that stuff is only made for thick necked guys named Gunter

Dave
    No
  7. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 18:37
    Originally posted by kbaumen
    No
    Oh well...not the funniest of my jokes.

Will try harder 😀

Dave
  8. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 18:552 edits
    Oh well...not the funniest of my jokes.

Will try harder 😀

Dave
    Well, it was funny, I simply don't agree. I like Guinness a lot. And I'm not thick-necked and my name is not Gunther. Anyway, that's just a matter of taste.
  9. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 19:01
    Well, it was funny, I simply don't agree. I like Guinness a lot. And I'm not thick-necked and my name is not Gunther. Anyway, that's just a matter of taste.
    It really is funny how beer and taste are so different among people.

I mean people outside America think Budweiser is a crap beer...but i like it.

As for imports I really like Moosehead and Kokanee from Canada...Sapporo from Japan and Tsingtsao (sp? ) from China.

Don't like any of the dark beers and think Red Stripe is dishwater.

That sentiment goes for PBR too...that has got to be the worst beer produced here

Dave
  10. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 19:13
    It really is funny how beer and taste are so different among people.

I mean people outside America think Budweiser is a crap beer...but i like it.

As for imports I really like Moosehead and Kokanee from Canada...Sapporo from Japan and Tsingtsao (sp? ) from China.

Don't like any of the dark beers and think Red Stripe is dishwater.

That sentiment goes for PBR too...that has got to be the worst beer produced here

Dave
    Heh, going a bit off-topic.

I'm also 'outside America' and I think that Budweiser is crap. The only difference from your statement is that I don't think Budweiser is beer. More like a juice. I like Guinness, Kilkenny and many Latvian beers. I'm positive you don't know any of them. Czech beers are fine, like Koff (I think it's Czech). Some Finnish beers are fine also, for example Lapin Kulta.
  11. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 19:20
    a little bit off topic...but it is still a "science"

I have had a few Czech beers...we have this place called Old Chicago here that has over 100 beers from all over.

If ya drink em all ya get a t-shirt!

Dave
  12. Sigulda, Latvia
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 19:221 edit
    a little bit off topic...but it is still a "science"

I have had a few Czech beers...we have this place called Old Chicago here that has over 100 beers from all over.

If ya drink em all ya get a t-shirt!

Dave
    Yeah, it is as scientific as running with inflated balloons in your pants.

A funny T-Shirt is always worth earning. I have a friend who has T-Shirt with "I'm not as think as you drunk I am" written on it.
  13. Standard membernmdavidb
    I Drank What? ©
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 19:422 edits
    Yeah, it is as scientific as running with inflated balloons in your pants.

A funny T-Shirt is always worth earning. I have a friend who has T-Shirt with "I'm not as think as you drunk I am" written on it.
    In Kentucky you are not legally drunk if you can still hold onto the floor.

I have a real problem with the wording of that though..."legally" drunk.

Well if it's legal...what's the problem?

One of my fave George Carlin Observations

Dave

edit: My girlfriend bought me one that has a farmer with a 15 ft rooster on a leash and it says above the pic..."I have a..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree