1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '18 22:13
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/14/richard-dawkins-ponders-whether-synthetic-human-meat-can-overcome-our-taboo-against-cannibalism

Yep, he wants to grow human stem cells so he can eat people.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Mar '18 07:50
    If he did say that I guess it was as a joke.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 01:25
    Originally posted by @humy
    If he did say that I guess it was as a joke.
    Nope, he meant it.

Would you eat human flesh?
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 07:14
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Nope, he meant it.
    Extremely unlikely.
    How do you know this?
    No, it's a joke.
    And I am vegetarian.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 08:35
    https://www.livekindly.co/richard-dawkins-ethics-eating-meat/
    Dawkins said;

“I would like to be a vegetarian. I would like everybody to be a vegetarian.” He continued: “In 100 or 200 years time, we may look back on the way we treated animals today as something like we today look back on the way our forefathers treated slaves.”

How can you go from that quote to seriously saying we should be cannibals?
    Answer; you cannot. It was a joke.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Mar '18 16:09
    https://www.livekindly.co/richard-dawkins-ethics-eating-meat/
    Dawkins said;

“I would like to be a vegetarian. I would like everybody to be a vegetarian.” He continued: “In 100 or 200 years time, we may look back on the way we treated animals today as something like we today look back on the way our forefathers treated slaves.”

How can you go from that quote to seriously saying we should be cannibals?
    Answer; you cannot. It was a joke.
    He does that because he is frothing at the mouth anti atheists and will use anything even vaguely like what he wants to foist on us. Same with his so-called 'politics'.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 19:34
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    He does that because he is frothing at the mouth anti atheists and will use anything even vaguely like what he wants to foist on us. Same with his so-called 'politics'.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 20:05
    while the person is dead or alive?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Mar '18 21:58
    Work is going on to cultivate meat which will change the way we live. Nobody is trying to make human flesh that way and it is only your anti Dawkin stance that causes you to bring the subject up.

For one thing, if say, beef were grown in a vat, that would be a lot more compassionate way to grow food, stop slaughtering millions of cattle, billions of chickens, millions of tons of fish.

But of course that is not your agenda, you could care less about the quality of life of animals, all you want is shock jock bullshyte about atheists. ANYTHING you come across in your frothing at the mouth hatred will be used. Here is the thing, we are ALL smart here. We see through your desperate agendae. You would do better attracting listeners if you were on a soap box in Hyde park, you might even attract an audience.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 07:532 edits
    it is only your anti Dawkin stance that causes you to bring the subject up. .
    I get it;
    Cannot attack scientific facts that don't like so attack the character of a person that believe those scientific facts.
    But, obviously, the persons character who believes something has nothing to do with whether that belief is true.
    He also believes the Earth isn't flat but round so, if he is wrong about evolution because he promotes catabolism (which he doesn't) then, by the same 'logic', he must be wrong about the Earth being round and not flat because he promotes catabolism.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Mar '18 09:311 edit
    I get it;
    Cannot attack scientific facts that don't like so attack the character of a person that believe those scientific facts.
    But, obviously, the persons character who believes something has nothing to do with whether that belief is true.
    He also believes the Earth isn't flat but round so, if he is wrong about evolution because he promotes catabolism (w ...[text shortened]... ogic', he must be wrong about the Earth being round and not flat because he promotes catabolism.
    Sorry; misspellings;
    I meant "cannibalism", not "catabolism", which has nothing to do with it.
    Spell corrector not good.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 13:581 edit
    Work is going on to cultivate meat which will change the way we live. Nobody is trying to make human flesh that way and it is only your anti Dawkin stance that causes you to bring the subject up.

For one thing, if say, beef were grown in a vat, that would be a lot more compassionate way to grow food, stop slaughtering millions of cattle, billions of ch ...[text shortened]... attracting listeners if you were on a soap box in Hyde park, you might even attract an audience.
    So let me get this straight, Richard Dawkins goes on and on about possibly replicating human flesh to eat and me posting about it means I care nothing about animals and want to kill Bambi and eat him.

I'm not sure I can even count the number of logical fallacies in your retort.

Nice talking with you as always. 😵
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:07

Meat is meat. What is your real question?
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:12
    Work is going on to cultivate meat which will change the way we live. ...
    For one thing, if say, beef were grown in a vat, that would be a lot more compassionate way to grow food, stop slaughtering millions of cattle, billions of chickens, millions of tons of fish.
    Everyone should spend time at an egg farm or a beef plant. I have, and this is one reason that I hate people.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Mar '18 14:201 edit
    The op article states that '... as human flesh contains infectious proteins that can cause a chain reaction of diseases and result in death; it also carries the risk of contraction of blood borne diseases.'

We all know the meat from other animals do not carry this risk. How do I roll my eyes here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree