Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

1. 19 Jun '14 12:06 / 2 edits
    Posted in Thread 159672, "How does the universes expand?", page 5:

Originally posted by RJHinds
    Okay, I'll make a deal with you. If you will stop trolling my threads I will stay out of the Science Forum.

Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That's a deal.

...meaning that, if RJHinds will keep his christian promise, we will not ever see him here in the Science forum any more.
  2. 19 Jun '14 17:06
    PLEASE PLEASE will NOBODY read nor respond to his most recent thread (with the moronic title coming from him "People's lack of knowledge of Science" ) .
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    19 Jun '14 17:29 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    PLEASE PLEASE will [b]NOBODY read nor respond to his most recent thread (with the moronic title coming from him "People's lack of knowledge of Science" ) .[/b]
    That one was RBhill. Unless you are implying they are one and the same person.
  4. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    19 Jun '14 17:38
    Posted in Thread 159672, "How does the universes expand?", page 5:

Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]Okay, I'll make a deal with you. If you will stop trolling my threads I will stay out of the Science Forum.

That's a deal.

...meaning that, if RJHinds will keep his christian promise, we will not ever see him here in the Science forum any more.[/b]
    He will probably, however, feel the need to comment if you keep starting threads about him.
  5. 19 Jun '14 19:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That one was RBhill. Unless you are implying they are one and the same person.
    No no, of course I was referring to RBhill's thread! Why would I tell everyone not to respond to FabianFnas thread and with such force? -that seems like a bit harsh and unwarranted.
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    19 Jun '14 19:47
    No no, of course I was referring to RBhill's thread! Why would I tell everyone not to respond to FabianFnas thread and with such force? -that seems like a bit harsh and unwarranted.
    Ok.
  7. 20 Jun '14 00:10
    I still don't think you've spotted that RBhill is not RJHinds...

Because on the face of it your post doesn't make sense.

FabianFnas makes a post about RJHinds.

You then tell everyone not to respond to 'him' [contextually meaning RJHinds]
    and name a thread posted by RBHill.

Sonhouse, reading the conversation presumably the same way I did, asks
    if you realise that the new thread is by RBHill and you then talk about
    FabianFnas.....
  8. Standard member forkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    20 Jun '14 05:14
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I still don't think you've spotted that RBhill is not RJHinds...

Because on the face of it your post doesn't make sense.

FabianFnas makes a post about RJHinds.

You then tell everyone not to respond to 'him' [contextually meaning RJHinds]
    and name a thread posted by RBHill.

Sonhouse, reading the conversation presumably the same way I did, asks
    if you realise that the new thread is by RBHill and you then talk about
    FabianFnas.....
    You really not picking up on the humor in his reply? I thought he made a pretty good recovery.
  9. 20 Jun '14 07:55 / 7 edits
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    You really not picking up on the humor in his reply? I thought he made a pretty good recovery.
    I am glad someone got it! It is a pity sonhouse didn't misspell it as something totally ludicrous like "RJHindssssssssssssssssss" so, with an apparently totally serious face, I could just keep repeating "RJHindssssssssssssssssss" in all my posts exactly just AS IF I didn't notice anything wrong!
  10. 20 Jun '14 09:36
    Originally posted by forkedknight
    Nope. Didn't detect the humour.

If you want humour to be detected on an internet forum you need a big honking neon flashing sign that says "This post is funny".

Otherwise it will be taken literally.
  11. 20 Jun '14 09:59
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Nope. Didn't detect the humour.

If you want humour to be detected on an internet forum you need a big honking neon flashing sign that says "This post is funny".

Otherwise it will be taken literally.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-in-cheek
  12. 20 Jun '14 12:57 / 1 edit
    I am glad that people here appear to be complying with my plea even if, like I suspect, my plea had nothing to do with it.