Saiteks v Ipods.... the dangers off

Saiteks v Ipods.... the dangers off

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Apr 13

Originally posted by e4chris
whats the most hi tec device you have wolfgang?
a toss up between my microwave oven or my VHS player

e

Moves
05 May 13

Cool,

Saiteks are good because they are the only dedicated computer that tells you over n over how stupid you are. if they were programmed to say 'numbnut' every time they won a piece they would not last 5 min

ipods are like computer flattery all nice displays and all your products from one source - i'm not keen on them...

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
05 May 13

Cool,

Saiteks are good because they are the only dedicated computer that tells you over n over how stupid you are. if they were programmed to say 'numbnut' every time they won a piece they would not last 5 min

ipods are like computer flattery all nice displays and all your products from one source - i'm not keen on them...
Now we know what RJ is! He's a Saitek something or other.

e

Moves
06 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Now we know what RJ is! He's a Saitek something or other.
might be a saitek risc 2500 ... could be! it would take a long time to set up the board for each game though...

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
06 May 13

might be a saitek risc 2500 ... could be! it would take a long time to set up the board for each game though...
It would explain the obsession with the word numbnuts though. He seems to have gone off that lately. Maybe someone reprogrammed him?

e

Moves
20 May 13

£10 chess computer now available

http://photosnpics.kokeytechnology.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Einstein-Touch-Series-Handheld-Game-Sudoku-Chess-Mind-Trainer1111.jpg

🙂

e

Moves
31 May 13
8 edits

There was a scary documentary on TV tonight about cyber wars and hacking. Apparently the plot of Die hard 4 was basically true and there are meniacle hackers out there .... whats worse is this system; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCADA

It controls industrial applications , dams, power stations. Apparently the hackers Die hard 4 was based on went for banks but they later found they had already hacked into SCADA for fun. - SCADA systems are now mostly connected to the net ... great!

My saitek is a formidable computer - if it was a human player it would get more appreciation! But a cool feature is its stand alone - you can't hack into it remotely - not even the greatest hacker in the world can.

If anyone understands these things better. why on earth would you plug SCADA systems into the net? seems a terrible idea to me...

And what do you think of file sharing? (different topic but another big computer vulnerability)

e

Moves
31 May 13
6 edits

Believe it or not, as well as selling insurance I was also once an IT person. The advice I'd give regarding Scada / Infractstucture systems is as follows - I not qualified!! But if you have these systems connected to the net and its x million users it seems you have an ipod when you need a saitek, a standalone system with seperate wiring, let alone software.

I'd say a dams system for example should be protected by;

A Not connected to the net in any way.
B A man with a machine gun - seriously so the 'hackers' realise its deadly not a joke.
C
D....

And guess we can leave the last few. If hackers want some fun why don't they set up there own websites? let one another hack into them, like graffiti, thats fairly harmless but the practice they want.

For companies , utilities if a machine gun sounds drastic its not when people are talking of 'cyber warfare' (a bit of an over statement to me but possible) Maybe paying the army / ex army for such a job would be wise - in some countires thats alarmingly common. Glad its not my decision to be honest.