Science Policy Think Tanks

Science Policy Think Tanks

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
07 Jun 11
1 edit

I'm trying to find policy think tanks (research institutes) that specialize in research relevant to biological (excluding purely environmental) or medical sciences. I'd prefer think tanks that are either based in, or have a large presence in, the United States.

Something similar to the Hastings Center is in the ballpark of what I'm looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hastings_Center

"The Hastings Center, founded in 1969, is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit bioethics research institute based in the United States. It is dedicated to the examination of essential questions in health care, biotechnology, and the environment. [...] The center's projects, carried out by interdisciplinary research teams, range from 'stem cell politics', to globalization and its impact on health status, to 'science in the age of big pharma'. Primary research areas include genetics and biotechnology, health care and health policy, ethics, science, the environment, and international science ethics. The center strives to frame and explore issues that inform professional practice, public conversation, and social policy."

Any help would be appreciated!

PS - Another example of what I have in mind is something along the lines of the NIH, if that helps.