1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 20:46
    Originally posted by humy
    “God does not play dice.”

when Einstein talks about 'God' here, just like whenever he spoke of 'God', he is not talking about some kind of supernatural deity but 'the whole universe and the laws of physics' i.e. for him, in 'Einstein speak',
    “God” = “ the whole universe and the laws of physics”.

He complained bitterly whenever the ...[text shortened]... basically being totally stupid -sorry, your religion gets no support from Einstein!
    I made no claims as to Einstein's religious belief. He said, "God does not play dice." I'll let that speak for itself. 😏
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 20:51
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Evil-lution? Is that some proto-heavy metal music composed by John Dowland? in which case it probably doesn't exist, although scientific proof that it doesn't might be elusive. "Evil-Luton", however, has a ring of authenticity about it. Rather similar to Devilish-Dunstable, first proposed by Chardonnay Bogstain from Southend.
    No music could be as evil as Evil-lution, because Evil-lution is a deception from Satan the devil.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 21:373 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I made no claims as to Einstein's religious belief. He said, "God does not play dice." I'll let that speak for itself. 😏
    I'll let that speak for itself

-not with your implied interpretation. In 'Einstein speak',

"God does not play dice" = “The laws of physics does not play dice”

and he rejected belief in any personal god as being infantile.

I made no claims as to Einstein's religious belief

then how would your quote of him in your OP be relevant?
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 22:13
    No music could be as evil as Evil-lution, because Evil-lution is a deception from Satan the devil.
    Well, I'm convinced. But what if Satan wrote the music?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 23:14
    Well, I'm convinced. But what if Satan wrote the music?
    Well. that would be another problem then.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 23:27
    Well. that would be another problem then.
    Do you think he would sign it? Then at least we'd know for sure. That could put that one to bed, which would be a relief for everyone. Assuming it was released as sheet music, anyway.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 03:19
    Do you think he would sign it? Then at least we'd know for sure. That could put that one to bed, which would be a relief for everyone. Assuming it was released as sheet music, anyway.
    No way. Satan is too much of a deceiver and liar.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 08:35
    Evil-lution? Is that some proto-heavy metal music composed by John Dowland? in which case it probably doesn't exist, although scientific proof that it doesn't might be elusive. "Evil-Luton", however, has a ring of authenticity about it. Rather similar to Devilish-Dunstable, first proposed by Chardonnay Bogstain from Southend.
    LOL! Yeah, I bet John Dowland would be wearing black make-up and playing in My Dying Bride had he been born a few centuries later.
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 10:58
    No way. Satan is too much of a deceiver and liar.
    He might sign it if it was part of a diabolical plot whose success hinged on him being correctly identified as the composer, might he not?
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 11:061 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    LOL! Yeah, I bet John Dowland would be wearing black make-up and playing in My Dying Bride had he been born a few centuries later.
    How fortunate we are that he wasn't 😉 .
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 16:06
    He might sign it if it was part of a diabolical plot whose success hinged on him being correctly identified as the composer, might he not?
    Who knows?
  12. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 18:41
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Heinrich Ignaz Franz Biber von Bibern

Some of his masses could have been composed in anticipation of Rammstein existing 300 years later.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree