1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 17:54
    @Metal-Brain
    I suppose you will just ignore this evidence just like you ignore any other evidence you don't like, this from Yale:

https://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/2019/07/how-climate-change-is-making-hurricanes-more-dangerous/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_v-FwLLT5AIVD4vICh0WwASxEAAYASAAEgLQEPD_BwE
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Sep '19 18:011 edit
    @metal-brain said
    No.
    Evidence?
    https://www.theguardian.com/weather/ng-interactive/2018/sep/11/atlantic-hurricanes-are-storms-getting-worse

-loads of relevant data i.e. evidence shown on that link. Pretty conclusive to any non-moron.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 00:02
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    I suppose you will just ignore this evidence just like you ignore any other evidence you don't like, this from Yale:

https://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/2019/07/how-climate-change-is-making-hurricanes-more-dangerous/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_v-FwLLT5AIVD4vICh0WwASxEAAYASAAEgLQEPD_BwE
    That website is not evidence. It does not even explain how a hurricane forms properly because it ignores condensation, an important ingredient in hurricane formation.
    Yalecrap then lies about hurricanes becoming more frequent in a warmer climate. Even PBS' Nova says the opposite is true.

More confirmation bias from you with a website full of false information.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 00:151 edit
    @humy said
    https://www.theguardian.com/weather/ng-interactive/2018/sep/11/atlantic-hurricanes-are-storms-getting-worse

-loads of relevant data i.e. evidence shown on that link. Pretty conclusive to any non-moron.
    Nope. You are wrong.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2012/09/05/dont-believe-the-global-warmists-major-hurricanes-are-less-frequent/#5dd40d4cf4de

You also need to decide which hurricanes are worse, those that cause the most deaths, the costliest or the greater wind speed. No one hurricane does all three equally or close. Mitch caused a lot of deaths but didn't even make the Guardians list of costliest hurricanes. As long as people keep investing a lot of money in the Caribbean islands and FL the cost will always increase. Seems like cherry picking to me.

Define a worse hurricane. Does money mean more than human life? Does wind speed mean worse if fewer people die and it costs less? Seems to me you want to use all 3 when it is convenient at the time as a propaganda tool.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 03:40
    @metal-brain said
    Actually it is sea level rise that we are talking about. That is the name of the thread.

Climate change has always happened. Ice ages are cyclical. It is natural.
    Back in the day, it used to get dark at night (on account of the natural earths rotation relative to the sun) and we just had to quit working and go to bed. Then we harnessed fire and built lanterns. Now, thanks to Edison et al. we have artificial lights that allow you to stay up all night and read/work if you want. From satellites, the developed world is lit at night. Natural problem..... fixed by human ingenuity.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Sep '19 07:17
    @wildgrass
    Some folks would say that is not 'fixed' but a problem in itself.
    Astronomers for instance.
    Less and less dark sky to study the stars.
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    17 Sep '19 03:21
    @metal-brain said
    That website is not evidence. It does not even explain how a hurricane forms properly because it ignores condensation, an important ingredient in hurricane formation.
    Yalecrap then lies about hurricanes becoming more frequent in a warmer climate. Even PBS' Nova says the opposite is true.

More confirmation bias from you with a website full of false information.
    Remind me, are you a climatologist?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Sep '19 01:32
    @soothfast said
    Remind me, are you a climatologist?
    A climate scientist might be a climatologist or not. If you think all climate scientists are climatologists you are wrong. Look into it.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Sep '19 07:502 edits
    @metal-brain said
    A climate scientist might be a climatologist or not. If you think all climate scientists are climatologists you are wrong. Look into it.
    Name any scientist that IS technically a formally qualified "climate scientist" that is NOT technically a formally qualified "climatologist"; Give a link, or combination of links, clearly explaining he is both a formally qualified "climate scientist" and NOT a formally qualified "climatologist".
  10. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    18 Sep '19 22:55
    @wildgrass In the UK we are taxed on cars based on its CO2 emissions. My company car is currently costing me nearly £9000/A of my salary. Its just a way of extracting money from us. Hence my 'the devil' comment. I forgot that this is an international forum.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Sep '19 00:33
    @Grandmaster-bater
    We got really piissed when my company car was changed from tax free to taxed, here in Pa.
    9000 pounds a year is close to 200 dollars a week, pretty stiff. That is besides your TV license, right? How much for TV?
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Sep '19 03:31
    @metal-brain said
    So are you a climate scientist?
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Sep '19 14:09
    @grandmaster-bater said
    @wildgrass In the UK we are taxed on cars based on its CO2 emissions. My company car is currently costing me nearly £9000/A of my salary. Its just a way of extracting money from us. Hence my 'the devil' comment. I forgot that this is an international forum.
    Are leaf blowers legal?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '19 15:49
    @humy said
    Name any scientist that IS technically a formally qualified "climate scientist" that is NOT technically a formally qualified "climatologist"; Give a link, or combination of links, clearly explaining he is both a formally qualified "climate scientist" and NOT a formally qualified "climatologist".
    We have been over this before. Fred Singer is a retired climate scientist. Before he was retired he was a climate scientist even though he was not a climatologist.

Wikipedia has a whole list of climate scientists and most of them are not climatologists. You already know that very well, yet you pretend you don't. Why? Do you think one thousand lies are worth more than one word of truth?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_climate_scientists
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '19 15:50
    @soothfast said
    So are you a climate scientist?
    Are you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree