1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 01:15
    Do you think this is a good idea?

https://thebulletin.org/2020/09/scientists-are-working-on-vaccines-that-spread-like-a-disease-what-could-possibly-go-wrong/
  2. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 18:271 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Do you think this is a good idea?

https://thebulletin.org/2020/09/scientists-are-working-on-vaccines-that-spread-like-a-disease-what-could-possibly-go-wrong/
    I'll put it this way: Do you think it would be a good idea to release hundreds of cute baby Godzillas for children to play with and feed?
    What could possibly go wrong?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 23:40
    @bunnyknight said
    I'll put it this way: Do you think it would be a good idea to release hundreds of cute baby Godzillas for children to play with and feed?
    What could possibly go wrong?
    I know, right. They could evolve into something else.

Like a child playing with matches in a hay barn. Some scientists have no common sense. Always eager to promote their creations out of reckless ego.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 May '21 16:21
    @Metal-Brain
    How could something like that be called a vaccine? It sounds to me like an engineered virus. If it reproduces like a virus, it is a virus.

If it quacks like a duck......
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 May '21 22:12
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    How could something like that be called a vaccine? It sounds to me like an engineered virus. If it reproduces like a virus, it is a virus.

If it quacks like a duck......
    It is, but it isn't supposed to make you sick.
    So are the viral vector vaccines. Why do you think they are called "Viral Vectors"?

See my thread "vaccines that are gene therapy".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree