1. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 16:05
    Would standing in front of the computer or tv solve the problem?

I could put one PC on a higher desk and do some of my hours standing up.

What do those people who don't use computers of tvs for two hours a day do with their lives?
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    22 Feb '11 17:501 edit
    Recess more often in high school? There was no recess past the 6th grade for us.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 10:41
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Recess more often in high school? There was no recess past the 6th grade for us.
    Sound horrible. Which country is that? Most schools these days are recognizing the value of exercise and include quite a lot of it in the days activities. In my sons school a sport is compulsory and so is Physical Education.
  4. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    23 Feb '11 18:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Sound horrible. Which country is that? Most schools these days are recognizing the value of exercise and include quite a lot of it in the days activities. In my sons school a sport is compulsory and so is Physical Education.
    Perhaps you are defining recess differently then I am?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 05:06
    Perhaps you are defining recess differently then I am?
    Perhaps. How do you define it?
  6. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    24 Feb '11 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Perhaps. How do you define it?
    To me recess is a time away from school activities. It is the same as "breaktime" at work. Physical education, athletics, and band, ect. are school activities.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 15:31
    To me recess is a time away from school activities. It is the same as "breaktime" at work. Physical education, athletics, and band, ect. are school activities.
    There are studies showing taking breaks from learning increases the amount of stuff you remember so I would go for several ten minute breaks a day plus lunch rather than one long break.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree