1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 12:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Scroll over to the west to the next image strip. You will find hundreds of other 'space stations' looking almost the same as the one we are discussing. The only difference being that there are lots of them.
    Wow! A city!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 20:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    Please. I don't see "squary shapes". I see a cylindar type structure attached to some other cylindar like structures perfectly symetrical. I see a red/organge cylandir like stipe on the clyindar indicating it had markings that were also perfectly symetrical.
    And Schiaparelli saw canals and lakes.

Furthermore, it is in a setting that stands apart from whatever it is. It simply does not belong there in terms of it being a naturalistic anomaly.

True. Like Schiaparelli's canals, it belongs in the category of optical delusions.

Richard
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 01:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Scroll over to the west to the next image strip. You will find hundreds of other 'space stations' looking almost the same as the one we are discussing. The only difference being that there are lots of them.
    Coordinants?
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 02:01
    Coordinants?
    actually I think he means to the east. Assuming we are talking about the same features.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 02:12
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    actually I think he means to the east. Assuming we are talking about the same features.
    Coordinants?
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 02:23
    Coordinants?
    Like he said in the next strip over. To the east their are hundreds of little white blobs. you can't miss them.

Which is still irrelevant. It is not a Mars base, alien or human, its an image artefact.
    People have got excited about image artefacts/optical illusions loads of times, and they all turned out to... wait for it... be image artefacts/optical illusions.

You have got all excited over a stupid article in the gutter press. The reason this hasn't got international attention is that its not noteworthy... let alone news worthy.

And yes actually NASA DO go over every square inch of the images their space craft take of the surface.
    If this was a real thing on the high res images they would have seen it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 03:271 edit
    Like he said in the next strip over. To the east their are hundreds of little white blobs. you can't miss them.

Which is still irrelevant. It is not a Mars base, alien or human, its an image artefact.
    People have got excited about image artefacts/optical illusions loads of times, and they all turned out to... wait for it... be image artefacts/optica ake of the surface.
    If this was a real thing on the high res images they would have seen it.
    I have looked all over the area and even around the planet and have yet to stumble upon anything even remotely similar. Again, give your coordinants.

I have not ever bought into the notion that the government is hiding things from the public. However, if NASA fails to address this I will begin to doubt them. There is obviously something there. These photos were taken by freak'in NASA!!!
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 13:41
    I have looked all over the area and even around the planet and have yet to stumble upon anything even remotely similar. Again, give your coordinants.

I have not ever bought into the notion that the government is hiding things from the public. However, if NASA fails to address this I will begin to doubt them. There is obviously something there. These photos were taken by freak'in NASA!!!
    Read this link before you condemn NASA: It's about image artifacts.

http://www.thedphoto.com/gear-equipment/digital-imaging-artifacts-image-noise/
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 16:20

You don't need to look all around the planet...
    zoom into the artefact you know about to the point where you can just see it.
    make sure N is at the top of the compass.
    Now move across slightly to the next image strip along to the right/east.
    The area is covered in bright white dots/blobs.

Notice how different the landscape looks either side of the divide between image strips.

No aliens are going to come into the solar system and plonk down a pitifully tiny habitat on a planet,
    for one thing space faring races will hate entering gravity wells because they are so hard to get back out of.
    And once you have mastered building stuff out of/inside asteroids you will quickly start to consider planets to be quaint backwaters.

And it couldn't be man made because you can't hide in space, any attempt to send anything like the amount of materiel to Mars would have been naked eye visible long after launch, and telescope track-able all the way there.

And space launches are pretty closely monitored on the grounds that they can look allot like missile launches.

Thus as its not us, not aliens and, not made by some ancient long dead race on Mars...
    That leaves image artefact...
    Which is exactly what it looks like...
    Try looking up Occam's razor.

And I would be very surprised if NASA mentions this at all, because they get people coming up with crap conspiracy theory's like this all the time, and they can't debunk all of them, it would take up too much time and money, and the people who come up with them wont believe them anyway.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 20:11
    You don't need to look all around the planet...
    zoom into the artefact you know about to the point where you can just see it.
    make sure N is at the top of the compass.
    Now move across slightly to the next image strip along to the right/east.
    The area is covered in bright white dots/blobs.

Notice how different the landscape looks either side of the ...[text shortened]... up too much time and money, and the people who come up with them wont believe them anyway.
    Bright white dot? You mean frozen water or ice/snow? Yes, we all know it is there on Mars, however, show me any image remotely similar to the one in question that is not one blinding white dot. Show me one that does not look as if it has a red stripe painted over its cylindrical body.

Yes, white dots, lots of them. Thanks for that!!
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 20:111 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Read this link before you condemn NASA: It's about image artifacts.

http://www.thedphoto.com/gear-equipment/digital-imaging-artifacts-image-noise/
    My guess is that NASA will just pretend this story never existed.
  12. Joined
    08 Nov '07
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 22:12
    First contact.
    Space Cadets, report for duty.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 19:53
    My guess is that NASA will just pretend this story never existed.
    You haven't noticed the way NASA jumps on developments even before they are vetted by independent scientists? EG, the arsenic based life found on that brine pond?
    The Mars meteorite found in Antarctica supposedly showing martian life fossils?

If there was anything to those photo's NASA would jump on it the next day.

They love publicity. That you cannot deny. They are not Area 51 paranoids.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 13:58
    However, if NASA fails to address this I will begin to doubt them.
    Will you also doubt the honesty of the FDA if they don't send you a personal message denying the rumour that eating cooked food gives you cancer?

Get a grip on reality, mate.

Richard
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 20:10

Oh, it must be wonderful to live in your world. A world of Santa Clauses, Easter Bunnies and Tooth Fairies. A world of Martian canals, morning star UFOs and vampires in lederhosen. I want in!! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree