square root of 2

square root of 2

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 May 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Yes, I heard about him. Sad case. Then there was William Sidis who was well on his way to beating Einstein to the punch 20 years earlier, he alluded to black holes but didn't pursue it, ended up collecting subway tokens, presumably for a project studying the subway system.

And Erdos who was a couch surfer, living from house to house unable to talk anything but math.

D

Moves
16 May 18
1 edit

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 18
1 edit

Just a bit more, er, concentrated..... His brilliance let him live that life.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 May 18

Originally posted by @duchess64 to @sonhouse to @duchess64 to @sonhouse to @duchess64 to @sonhouse to @duchess64 to @sonhouse
Enough of me talking about myself; what do you think about me?
You guys are a human Mobius strip.
For the sake of the innocent, please stop.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @freakykbh
Originally posted by @duchess64 to @sonhouse to @duchess64 to @sonhouse to @duchess64 to @sonhouse to @duchess64 to @sonhouse
[b]Enough of me talking about myself; what do you think about me?

You guys are a human Mobius strip.
For the sake of the innocent, please stop.[/b]
Sure, as soon as you decide Earth is actually more or less round. We know you like to hedge the 'roundness' bit and we know it spins and is a bit fatter around the equator but why don't you just give up on your flat religion and join the human race?
BTW, 64 and I will never be friends and I am surprised she even responds to me at all since we had a bit of a spat where she accused me of stalking her so there is no WE in this Sonhouse/64 thing.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 May 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Sure, as soon as you decide Earth is actually more or less round. We know you like to hedge the 'roundness' bit and we know it spins and is a bit fatter around the equator but why don't you just give up on your flat religion and join the human race?
BTW, 64 and I will never be friends and I am surprised she even responds to me at all since we had a bit of a spat where she accused me of stalking her so there is no WE in this Sonhouse/64 thing.
Single tear, sonhouse.
Single effing tear.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 May 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
No matter which way you slice it, she is bragging and no one likes a braggart.
Sometimes it is a survival mechanism. If you decide to not roll over, kinda have to self-promote.

D

Moves
16 May 18
2 edits

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
17 May 18

Blinded by the light.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 18
1 edit

Your veil is a little thin. Thank you for finally telling your story. I now understand your various positions.

1) He was white (hatred for all things white male). But how exactly was submitting to his advances "practically date rape"?

2) You kept your baby, but wonder who you would be today if you hadn't. ( extremely pro-choice).

3) I see you are quite a lover of History, but why not PhD Mathematics ( since you were obviously so gifted )?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @joe-shmo
Your veil is a little thin. Thank you for finally telling your story. I now understand your various positions.

1) He was white (hatred for all things white male). But how exactly was submitting to his advances "practically date rape"?

2) You kept your baby, but wonder who you would be today if you hadn't. ( extremely pro-choice).

3) I see you ...[text shortened]... re quite a lover of History, but why not PhD Mathematics ( since you were obviously so gifted )?
1 + 1 = 3

It's a great story, actually.
See?
Square root of three: one.

m

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
Apparently he didn't read this Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_root_of_2

It's been calculated to one trillion decimal places with no end in sight.

To make it rational it has to be 100% accurate as the division of two numbers and have an end to the digits.

99/70 is one that varies by only one part in 10,000 and there are others closer but good luck trying to find it to be rational.

Like tilting at windshields🙂
Wait till quantum processing comes down the pipe.

D

Moves
17 May 18

D

Moves
17 May 18
4 edits

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 May 18