1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 17:561 edit
    TI's are pretty universal. If you look under the Calc menu which should be above trace (hence 2nd trace), you should find the intersect function as the 5th option.

Just did a google search and it looks like the 86 is a bit different. You might try this link:

http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/esm/app/graphing/ti86/graphing/working_with_graphs/math/intersect/intersect.html
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 22:27
    Originally posted by Palynka
    For equation solving or substitutes for graphic calculators, Wolfram Alpha is a pretty good site (see KN's post). No need to install software.
    That reminds me of the TI-89 solver. You type the info into the TI-89 in much the same manner. Very nice. Too bad you can't be connected to the internet during the AP test!

My kids are using the TI-83 plus and that doesn't have the solver. We're stuck using the graphical approach that I posted earlier.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    25 Apr '11 22:591 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    That reminds me of the TI-89 solver. You type the info into the TI-89 in much the same manner. Very nice. Too bad you can't be connected to the internet during the AP test!

My kids are using the TI-83 plus and that doesn't have the solver. We're stuck using the graphical approach that I posted earlier.
    It's a very neat site. It's more than a calculator, too. Try writing "What is the unemployment rate of females in the United States?"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree