1. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 16:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If no one is talking then how did you find out about it? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
    poeple who've been though it. how else
  2. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 16:38
    Originally posted by mtthw
    I must admit, it's an unusual debating technique. Take the lack of evidence for something's existence as evidence that it does exist. Once you've made that leap, it's completely impossible to refute. Any rational argument as to why you're wrong is simply more proof that you're on to something.

Bizarre but effective 🙂
    a time storm isn't rational... just anyone in one!
  3. the highway to hell
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 16:42
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If you were being beated to death by midget clown leprechauns fairies, you'd wish the scientific communiuty believed in them. So what?
    Hey thats a dirty rotten low down unpolitically correct anti midget clown leprechaun fairiy slur and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
    Wheres that MODERATOR when you need him ?
    😠
  4. the highway to hell
    Moves
    16 Apr '08 16:44
    I must admit, it's an unusual debating technique. Take the lack of evidence for something's existence as evidence that it does exist. Once you've made that leap, it's completely impossible to refute. Any rational argument as to why you're wrong is simply more proof that you're on to something.

Bizarre but effective 🙂
    Where would the various religions be without it?
  5. Australia
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 02:34
    Originally posted by dragonstarr369
    i've heard of time storms and the confuson it causes. meteorologists fear them beacause they are so unpredictible. they come without warning and create mass confusion. does anyone have any significant information on time storms, or as they call, time slips?
    The only information I can find is "heresay", nothing that you can really class as evidence. It is an interesting paranormal event though, of which i have never come across, so thanks for bringing it up. Although at this stage, there is really zero evidence to suggest it is anything but a myth.........

Unless of course you have other sources to present?
  6. Here
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 06:24
    i've heard of time storms and the confuson it causes. meteorologists fear them beacause they are so unpredictible. they come without warning and create mass confusion. does anyone have any significant information on time storms, or as they call, time slips?
    As I understand the theory of such things, history is changed to accommodate it .So how doe's anyone know that it occurred ?
  7. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 10:18
    Originally posted by padger
    As I understand the theory of such things, history is changed to accommodate it .So how doe's anyone know that it occurred ?
    Sorry: "theory"?
  8. Here
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 15:11
    Sorry: "theory"?
    Well I will admit that I am going on the stories in "Star Trek " and "Stargate " Which are supposed to keep to science fact.
  9. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '08 20:15

Bizarre but effective 🙂
    you complete dim-wit! you DON'T know when it's coming. meteorologists cover it up. they all types of technology that records 24-7 the weather. they KNOW that it exists. why dont they give us the evidence. time stormes are unpredictable.
  10. Australia
    Moves
    18 Apr '08 03:03
    you complete dim-wit! you DON'T know when it's coming. meteorologists cover it up. they all types of technology that records 24-7 the weather. they KNOW that it exists. why dont they give us the evidence. time stormes are unpredictable.
    Do you have one single piece of evidence that could be considered credible? Heresay unfortunately cannot be deemed reliable, even the story on the wikipedia page states that the 2 people couldn't agree on what they saw.

I'd like to read more, what do you have?
  11. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '08 11:001 edit
    they KNOW that it exists. why dont they give us the evidence.
    See what I mean - that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Lack of evidence being used as proof. It doesn't even cross your mind that the reason they don't give us the evidence is that they don't have any?
  12. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    19 Apr '08 14:25
    See what I mean - that's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Lack of evidence being used as proof. It doesn't even cross your mind that the reason they don't give us the evidence is that they don't have any?
    if it's true you moron, we wouldn't need to give you any proof! matter of fact, if we didn't tell you that it did exist, you would NEVER know. you do your own research. remember... the truth is out there!
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '08 14:32
    if it's true you moron, we wouldn't need to give you any proof! matter of fact, if we didn't tell you that it did exist, you would NEVER know. you do your own research. remember... the truth is out there!
    Doomeli-dideli-dideli-dideli-doom-doom-doom-doom (*X-files theme*)
  14. the highway to hell
    Moves
    19 Apr '08 14:56
    Hey the MODERATOR told me off when I called someone and ID*OT before. Presumably MORON is not as serious an insult ? 😕
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    19 Apr '08 15:30
    I just wandered in here thinking I'd find something interesting about storms, maybe a discussion on storm chasers or the strange habits of tornadoes ... and I find an apparently serious attempt to sell one of Gordon Dickson's creative ideas as a REAL PHENOMENON. If we're talking SF, shouldn't we be in the Culture Forum?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree