Super Moon and Japan/NZ

Super Moon and Japan/NZ

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
26 Apr 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Palynka
You also have the choice of engaging politely in conversation or surreptitiously calling me an ignorant. All while you agree with me on the data, which means that your claim that "half the earthquakes in the top10 of all recorded history will have happened in the last 7 years" is proven wrong.

How much concern do I need to show so that I'm not an ignorant?
That depends on what you accept as scientific data. 😞.

And going by your data which is invalid because it does not contain ALL earthquakes 3 of the top ten have occured in a little over 6 years over 1000 years which equates to 3 earthquakes over the time period of 300 years yet it is around 6 years. Phony data!

K

Moves
26 Apr 11

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/world/historical_mag.php

3rd, 4th, 8th, 13th & 16th all within the last 7 years from data 300+ years.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Apr 11

Originally posted by Kostenuik
That depends on what you accept as scientific data. 😞.

And going by your data which is invalid because it does not contain ALL earthquakes 3 of the top ten have occured in a little over 6 years over 1000 years which equates to 3 earthquakes over the time period of 300 years yet it is around 6 years. Phony data!
To make a claim like that you are assuming that there were no unrecorded quakes in the last 1000 or 300 years. A ridiculous assumption, that you deny making in one post but repeat in another.

And you still make jibes about scientific data? 😡

K

Moves
26 Apr 11
1 edit

To make a claim like that you are assuming that there were no unrecorded quakes in the last 1000 or 300 years. A ridiculous assumption, that you deny making in one post but repeat in another.

And you still make jibes about scientific data? 😡
By acceptable data from 1900 onwards you know when people don't drive around on a horse and can fly my claim stands true.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Apr 11

What claim did I make in that post delusionist? Idiot.
You didn't make a claim about the frequency of earthquakes in the last 300 and 1000 years? Are you going to deny that too?

K

Moves
26 Apr 11

You didn't make a claim about the frequency of earthquakes in the last 300 and 1000 years? Are you going to deny that too?
I was looking at what YOU posted and I do not accept. Then I posted one from a reputable website which also does not accept what you posted but 300 years yet even that is NOT sound data... only from 1900 onwards which is what I made my claim off.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Apr 11

By acceptable data from 1900 onwards you know when people don't drive around on a horse and can fly my claim stands true.
No, by the data you link to, the claim that half of the largest quakes happened in the last 10 years is still wrong. But I'm sure you'll just call me names instead of admitting the obvious.

Here, Mr. Non-ignorant, inform yourself from the very websites you quote:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/faq/?categoryID=6&faqID=110

" Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant throughout this century and, according to our records, have actually seemed to decrease in recent years."

Keep your "concern", I'll keep my "ignorance".

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Apr 11

😏

K

Moves
26 Apr 11

No, by the data you link to, the claim that half of the largest quakes happened in the last 10 years is still wrong. But I'm sure you'll just call me names instead of admitting the obvious.

Here, Mr. Non-ignorant, inform yourself from the very websites you quote:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/faq/?categoryID=6&faqID=110

" Although it may seem that ...[text shortened]... seemed to decrease in recent years."

Keep your "concern", I'll keep my "ignorance".
Obvious that I am right and you are an ignorant.

Look at your ignorant post. You say 10 years when it is closer to 5 as you are a liar. You now are posting crap about earthquakes at 7 when that isn't even what we are talking about. We are talking about the top10 earthquakes in reputable scientific data. We are talking about these large earthquakes that happen in runs that anyone who isn't an ignorant delusional diversional liar like you can see that the present time and for the last six years is a dangerous time for the biggest of quakes.

K

Moves
26 Apr 11

πŸ™„

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Apr 11

Obvious that I am right and you are an ignorant.

Look at your ignorant post. You say 10 years when it is closer to 5 as you are a liar. You now are posting crap about earthquakes at 7 when that isn't even what we are talking about. We are talking about the top10 earthquakes in reputable scientific data. We are talking about these large earthquakes that ...[text shortened]... hat the present time and for the last six years is a dangerous time for the biggest of quakes.
Haha, denial is awesome. So you weren't saying we have larger earthquakes and we should be concerned? The website calls this a myth, but I guess you're better informed than the sources you link to!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Apr 11

The myth-busting page also claims that earthquakes do cluster but even out across the years. Yet you expand these less than one year clusters to decades.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
26 Apr 11

And yet another page from your linked website denying that this period is somehow special for large earthquakes:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/increase_in_earthquakes.php

Can you find me one page there that makes claims that this is a decade unlike the others and we should be concerned?

K

Moves
26 Apr 11

Haha, denial is awesome. So you weren't saying we have larger earthquakes and we should be concerned? The website calls this a myth, but I guess you're better informed than the sources you link to!
The only myth around here is the data you use a worthy data when it is estimates. Do you know why that is?? It is an estimate before 1900 because they don't really know for sure but you take myths and make it into facts. It is NO myth that many of the LARGEST earthquakes have happened in the last six years AS ALSO HAPPENED in the sixties. That is actually a fact and from REPUTABLE scientific data not what you pull ouit yer ass.

K

Moves
26 Apr 11

And yet another page from your linked website denying that this period is somehow special for large earthquakes:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/topics/increase_in_earthquakes.php

Can you find me one page there that makes claims that this is a decade unlike the others and we should be concerned?
Again you are making up lies from the thoughts in your head.