Superconductors could make quantum computers fault tolerant and reliable

Superconductors could make quantum computers fault tolerant and reliable

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
17 Sep 13
2 edits

http://phys.org/news/2013-09-road-fault-tolerant-quantum-high-temperature.html

I think this is interesting.
But, also, check out the unbelievably complex load in laboratory apparatus in the background of the top picture of that link! -Wow that looks complicated! would anyone actually know how that lot works!?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Sep 13

Originally posted by humy
http://phys.org/news/2013-09-road-fault-tolerant-quantum-high-temperature.html

I think this is interesting.
But, also, check out the unbelievably complex load in laboratory apparatus in the background of the top picture of that link! -Wow that looks complicated! would anyone actually know how that lot works!?
It is still a LOT of engineering to do to bring home the bacon. Personally I think computers after quantum comes about will still use classical ones, don't forget, they are getting stronger all the time also, now clocking in the quadrillions of operation per second and soon a thousand times that even. So when quantum computers come on board I can see them coupling the two types together so what one doesn't do well like find the best path through a city, sic that on the quantum, then frill it out with the super classical computers of that fancy future time. I think they will prove to each have their own strengths and weaknesses and therefore a fusion of both types will produce results neither one could do by themselves. For instance, to COMPUTE your way to showing how life started on Earth, then the experimentalists proving it by actually making real life from rocks and clay and water and so forth.

jb

Moves
17 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
It is still a LOT of engineering to do to bring home the bacon. Personally I think computers after quantum comes about will still use classical ones, don't forget, they are getting stronger all the time also, now clocking in the quadrillions of operation per second and soon a thousand times that even. So when quantum computers come on board I can see them c ...[text shortened]... mentalists proving it by actually making real life from rocks and clay and water and so forth.
Like I said earlier I don't have a dog in the fight but what you describe here is life created by intelligent design.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Sep 13

Originally posted by joe beyser
Like I said earlier I don't have a dog in the fight but what you describe here is life created by intelligent design.
Most of us already accept a law that states that life only comes from life.

The Instructor

h

Moves
18 Sep 13
4 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
Logically, that law doesn't apply to the very first life to exist but only to all the descendents of that very first life to exist.

What natural number comes before zero? (or before one if you don't count zero as a natural number )

h

Moves
18 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by joe beyser
-but not created by a god for we are not supernatural let alone gods.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
You can't equate things humans design by human intelligence with the beginning of the universe, just arbitrarily assigning the beginnings to a god. We make things through intelligent design because we are intelligent so it follows anything we manufacture or think up new is coming from intelligent design, our OWN intelligence not some supernatural fairy princess your religion made up entirely by intelligent design, human intelligence design.