1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 20:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If we asked him about his memories of his mother and his baby sister, and he gave detailed accounts of growing up, would we then be able to judge his age?

[b]Adam was created with age so why assume the universe was not?

What do you even mean by 'created with age'. When he was created he was age zero. What you mean is he was created with evidence t ...[text shortened]... buy your own point. Hence your stubborn repetition without being willing to actually discuss it.[/b]
    He was created with the body of an adult male. How long does it take a natural process man to reach that kind of body?

Nine months to be born then at least 13 more years?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 20:54
    Originally posted by Eladar
    He was created with the body of an adult male. How long does it take a natural process man to reach that kind of body?

Nine months to be born then at least 13 more years?
    Why are you acting dense?
    I get that.
    Now answer my counter questions and analogies.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 21:09
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why are you acting dense?
    I get that.
    Now answer my counter questions and analogies.
    Your point about history?

His body must have had history. It was built into the creation. Every process from conception to his present body is built into the body. Your narrow minded definition of history is getting in the way.

You assume the universe is a certain age means that it has been in existence that long. You assume that the earth having a certain age means it has been in existence that long.

The difference between Adam and the earth and universe is that they still exist while Adam turned to dust long ago.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 00:47
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I'm trying to get what you have in mind. Are you thinking of some sort of collective consciousness? A more subtle version of the World-Mind in Avatar? Something which could be explained by supervenience physicalism or do you have something specifically supernatural in mind?
    I'm suggesting that the effects of a mind supervenient on, say, the biosphere of earth, would appear to us to be natural, based on our current scientific understanding of reality. But since those effects were (partly) produced by causes outside of our current understanding, I suppose its reasonable to consider them to be supernatural.

Personally I do not consider them such. Hence my Clarke quote.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 12:17
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Your point about history?

His body must have had history. It was built into the creation. Every process from conception to his present body is built into the body.
    So would he have memories from his childhood? Would he have scars from an accident he had when he was 12?

Your narrow minded definition of history is getting in the way.
    What did I say to give you that idea? You are just making stuff up about me or assuming I am thinking something I am not.

You assume the universe is a certain age means that it has been in existence that long.
    That is what age means.

The difference between Adam and the earth and universe is that they still exist while Adam turned to dust long ago.
    Are you going to address my points, or just keep repeating the same stuff?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree