1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    08 Aug '15 11:44
    http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150807.html

    You can't get an image like that unless you are a few million miles from Earth!
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14598
    08 Aug '15 16:17
    Beautiful picture indeed.
  3. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Joined
    17 Sep '10
    Moves
    47448
    10 Aug '15 05:33
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Beautiful picture indeed.
    So the "Dark Side of the Moon" is not so dark to us anymore. (with apologies to Pink Floyd) 🙂
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    10 Aug '15 09:19
    Don't miss the full animation:
    https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/from-a-million-miles-away-nasa-camera-shows-moon-crossing-face-of-earth
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    6873
    10 Aug '15 10:19
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    So the "Dark Side of the Moon" is not so dark to us anymore. (with apologies to Pink Floyd) 🙂
    The dark side of the moon has always been dark and will always be dark, but whether the dark side is also the far side changes with time - once per lunar month.
  6. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    10 Aug '15 11:09
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    The dark side of the moon has always been dark and will always be dark, but whether the dark side is also the far side changes with time - once per lunar month.
    'Dark' has a range of meaning.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    10 Aug '15 15:58
    Originally posted by Mammy Blue
    So the "Dark Side of the Moon" is not so dark to us anymore.
    I don't get it... This is a joke and nothing more, right?
    Because everyone knows that no side of the moon is constantly dark...
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    11 Aug '15 05:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't get it... This is a joke and nothing more, right?
    Because everyone knows that no side of the moon is constantly dark...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon
    ... the far side is also referred to as the dark side of the Moon, originally in the sense of "unknown" rather than lack of light.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    11 Aug '15 06:431 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_side_of_the_Moon
    ... the far side is also referred to as the dark side of the Moon, originally in the sense of "unknown" rather than lack of light.
    Oh. And I thought it had something to do with the darkforce.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkforce
  10. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Joined
    17 Sep '10
    Moves
    47448
    11 Aug '15 12:39
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't get it... This is a joke and nothing more, right?
    Because everyone knows that no side of the moon is constantly dark...
    Ok. It's only a joking referral to the album from Pink Floyd that was on the Top One Hundred list for how many years? Ok?
  11. Standard memberMammy Blue
    Delicious Monster...
    Joined
    17 Sep '10
    Moves
    47448
    11 Aug '15 12:40
    Does everybody get it? You there in the corner? You ok with that?
    No one else? 😀 Finis...
Back to Top