1. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    15 Mar '09 09:48
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    God is not an observation to be explained. God is an explanation that makes predictions. Unfortunately those predictions are of no scientific value, because any such predictions that did have scientific value have failed to support the hypothesis.
    Very astute ATY.

I've just read a book called Accelerando (Charles Stross).
    I have a weakness for trashy sci-fi novels.

This book however, like many other sci-fi books did have an attempt
    of explaining 'God'.

Isn't science in its entirely about unravelling they mystery's of 'God'
    after all?

Why shouldn't we have a handle on this expression?
  2. Joined
    18 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Mar '09 12:523 edits
  3. Joined
    18 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Mar '09 12:564 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There is one thing about the christian god that bugs me, it says 'Thou shall have no other god's before me'. Isn't that a big hint that THE god admits there ARE other gods, but maybe not just as powerful as THE god?
    There are other gods ! but they were created by the only true and living God. These gods were given to the nations you will see it in Deut 32:8 Israel was the true and living Gods portion. This was done after babel incident as man refused to obay God so he gave them up to worship these lesser gods Idols in other words you see it still going on today the proper term for them is the (sons of God) Bene Elyon in the Hebrew,

When God brought Israel out of Egypt he made a mockery of the 10 little "g" gods to show who was in charge.

Angels is a bad descriptive term but if it makes it easier to understand thats what they are. Nevertheless they were created so are not even close the true and Living God.

They could be the pricipalites powers and dominions mentioned in the New Testament ?
  4. Joined
    12 May '07
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 19:18
    I have a question

When you have two sets of "facts" in which one contradicts the other, doesn't that make both statements wrong?

What I mean is, if there can only one God, and can also be many gods, doesn't that mean that there exists no God at all?

Maybe they're just personifications given by different cultures about their own values and code of morals.
  5. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    25 Mar '09 01:00
    Originally posted by dannyUchiha
    I have a question

When you have two sets of "facts" in which one contradicts the other, doesn't that make both statements wrong?

What I mean is, if there can only one God, and can also be many gods, doesn't that mean that there exists no God at all?

Maybe they're just personifications given by different cultures about their own values and code of morals.
    Fact 1: You wrote your posting in English.

Fact 2: You wrote your posting in Klingon.

I refute your statement that two contradicting statements must both be wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree