1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:41
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My calculation was an upper bound. As I said, don't get me started on that back space key!

And if I mention that F2 does an automatic spell check, it might introduce an interesting analogy to Natural Selection.
    That selection by intelligence since spell checking is setup before the book is
    written. 🙂

Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '11 23:44
    Originally posted by JS357
    I thought this was the forum to go to, to feed our inner geek. 🙂

Kelly needs some ammo to take back to Spirituality. I think he got it.
    No, as I said this was strickly for the sake of the answer, just for the fun of it.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 06:07
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No, as I said this was strickly for the sake of the answer, just for the fun of it.
    Kelly
    Cool, so you have an inner geek too.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 10:49
    That selection by intelligence since spell checking is setup before the book is
    written. 🙂

Kelly
    Well, that would be debatable. Is a computer program intelligent? Is anything that is created by an intelligence itself intelligent? If I place an apple on an inclined plane, will it roll down hill due to intelligence or due to the inclined plane? Or both?

But all that is besides the point. The point I was making was that if there is selection of any kind, then it throws off the probability calculation essentially invalidating the results. It doesn't matter how big a number you come up with regarding your monkeys and type writers, if you ignored the spell check function - and there is a spell check function, then your answer is wrong. This is what you have been doing over in spirituality. You say "look! there is this big number! it is so big that even if there was a spell check function it could not possibly have any significant effect!"
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 15:06
    Well, that would be debatable. Is a computer program intelligent? Is anything that is created by an intelligence itself intelligent? If I place an apple on an inclined plane, will it roll down hill due to intelligence or due to the inclined plane? Or both?

But all that is besides the point. The point I was making was that if there is selection of any k ...[text shortened]... even if there was a spell check function it could not possibly have any significant effect!"
    Now now, you drifting back into the results of our numbers have meaning other
    than doing this for the fun of it. 🙂 We can debate this in the other thread. LOL
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 15:08
    Originally posted by JS357
    Cool, so you have an inner geek too.
    Hopefully you never have to go through a job interview, but if you ever do and
    they ask you for your weakenss as happens from time to time, you can respond
    I have an inner geek....or like me if true you can say your a Cub fan. 🙂
    Kelly
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 19:05
    Now now, you drifting back into the results of our numbers have meaning other
    than doing this for the fun of it. 🙂 We can debate this in the other thread. LOL
    Kelly
    Its still science not spirituality, but its fine if we continue it in the other thread.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '11 13:36
    Its still science not spirituality, but its fine if we continue it in the other thread.
    I am trully interested in any work you can find that does go deep into the numbers
    on this topic. I know you said that it was done but you didn't have any. I posted
    a book I read on the subject +20 years ago, but when I looked for it, it was out of
    print. The cost of a used copy was 120.00 US so I doubt I'll be buying it again
    any time soon. 🙂
    Kelly
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 00:53
    Don't monkeys prefer Goethe?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    06 Apr '11 09:24
    Originally posted by coquette
    Don't monkeys prefer Goethe?
    I'm sure they prefer Darwin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree