lager: can____ bottle ____
    ale: can ____ bottle ____
    etc.: can ____ bottle ____
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 11:08
    The better the beer the warmer it can be served.

I recently had a pint of Marston's Pedigree at the Wetherspoons pub in gatwick airport and was disgusted to discover it was being served chilled to 4C ... and they were bragging about it!

Where are CAMRA when you need them?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 11:16
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The better the beer the warmer it can be served.
    ...and the best beer in the world can be boiled...

No, just joking.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 12:42
    10°C - chilling beer takes away the taste.
  5. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 13:39
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Which is extremely useful when you en up drinking crap beers. Hence and Ice cold bud, coors lite, (insert generic american beer here).

The made "Guinness extra cold" to appeal to the youth..... By killing the flavour.....

It should be 10 to 15 degC.....
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 13:55
    Chilled, while watching a warm sunset.

Anybody that tells you differently lives in a place without a proper beach.
  7. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 14:031 edit
    Actually.... I have a theory, the warmer the place the colder they like their beer (obvious). However there is a correlation between the warmer the place the crapper the beer also (not always true). Which supports my last post.

Lets see how many people this bugs.... I came up with the theory in mexico and florida both Hot with crap beer. Australia too (referring to VB, Emu etc not the good microbreweries.....)
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 14:33
    Originally posted by Mexico
    Actually.... I have a theory, the warmer the place the colder they like their beer (obvious). However there is a correlation between the warmer the place the crapper the beer also (not always true). Which supports my last post.

Lets see how many people this bugs.... I came up with the theory in mexico and florida both Hot with crap beer. Australia too (referring to VB, Emu etc not the good microbreweries.....)
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2288/2306913473_acb893d2c3.jpg?v=0
  9. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 14:34
    Originally posted by Palynka
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2288/2306913473_acb893d2c3.jpg?v=0
    Refuting or supporting my claim?.... I've never drank ""Super Bock"
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 15:101 edit
    Refuting or supporting my claim?.... I've never drank ""Super Bock"
    Both. It's my beer paradise. A chilled Super Bock and an ocean sunset.

The thing is that it depends on what type of beer you like. I like chilled beers, so I think ales and stouts are crap. A chilled Guinness is horrible, for example. That said, a warm Super Bock would taste like...well...warm you-know-what. Between a warm SB and a warm G., I'd probably go for G.
  11. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 15:15
    Both. It's my beer paradise. A chilled Super Bock and an ocean sunset.

The thing is that it depends on what type of beer you like. I like chilled beers, so I think ales and stouts are crap. A chilled Guinness is horrible, for example. That said, a warm Super Bock would taste like...well...warm you know what.
    Oh I know it all down to perspective and personal taste in the end, much the same way wine is. But just like technically good wine you have technically good beers..... and generally they come from colder places..... Eg Fullers ESB which has won a bunch of awards worldwide..... Germany in general, belgium etc.......

Corona is a bad beer but drinking it on the Caribbean watching the sunset was still extremely enjoyable.....
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 15:18
    Oh I know it all down to perspective and personal taste in the end, much the same way wine is. But just like technically good wine you have technically good beers..... and generally they come from colder places..... Eg Fullers ESB which has won a bunch of awards worldwide..... Germany in general, belgium etc.......

Corona is a bad beer but drinking it on the Caribbean watching the sunset was still extremely enjoyable.....
    Super Bock is the only one with 20 consecutive gold medals in some international competition. Does that mean anything? Probably not much. Maybe they try them by the beach, instead of some dark room in a cold country. 😛
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 15:57
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    A good bitter can be warmed to maybe 14C just like trad Guiness.

Even decent lagers should only be chilled to 8C

Drinking anything below 5C masks the taste (which can be a GOOD or BAD thing!)
  14. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 16:06
    Super Bock is the only one with 20 consecutive gold medals in some international competition. Does that mean anything? Probably not much. Maybe they try them by the beach, instead of some dark room in a cold country. 😛
    I'm not debating the merits of super bock in particular, more the generalisation of beer quality. Australia for example has some fantastic micro brew beers (Coopers, little creatures) but the common beers like VB and Carlton are really poor beers. See America, particularly the southern states, as well.

Good beer shouldn't be Icy cold as then it tastes mainly like hoppy (as in hops) foam.......
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '08 17:35
    4 celsius

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree