1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Nov '18 18:39
    @metal-brain said
    Think about it this way. The photon experiences the past and the future instantaneously.

Imagine a long florescent light that stretches 8 light years long. To the photon it lights up all at once. To you (the observer) it starts lighting up on one end and takes 8 years for it to reach the other end.
    Saying there is no past and no future is like saying it didn't start ...[text shortened]... r end of the right. The photon is at both ends from it's POV.

Both past and future to the photon.
    From the photon's point of view is does not light up all at once.
    From the photon's POV there can be no action.
    Nothing happens.
    There is no time.
    Which is fundamentally different to saying it sees the past and future simultaneously.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 01:27
    @wolfgang59 said
    From the photon's point of view is does not light up all at once.
    From the photon's POV there can be no action.
    Nothing happens.
    There is no time.
    Which is fundamentally different to saying it sees the past and future simultaneously.
    "Nothing happens."

I think you have shown you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Are we talking about nothing? If that is what you think stop talking and remind yourself this is nothing to concern yourself about.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Nov '18 20:59
    @metal-brain said
    "Nothing happens."

I think you have shown you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Are we talking about nothing? If that is what you think stop talking and remind yourself this is nothing to concern yourself about.
    You can think what you like.
    Although less superficiality would be a good thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree