This is the Science Forum

This is the Science Forum

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
08 Nov 13
1 edit

To keep this forum as a whole on topic, I recommend the GBaway script available on bigdogghouse.com/RHP.

If all posters distracted by irrelevant posters were to install this script and block those posters this forum would be able to function the way it should.

h

Moves
08 Nov 13
8 edits

I second that. GBaway script is working well for me and I also recommend it. If only enough people do this here, the troll would be left forever talking to himself only.

I think we should all adapt you proposal you made in the site forum which was (with slight misprint corrected ) :

Here's my proposal: everyone who wants to read and post in the Science Forum should take a vow to (1) use the GBaway script (2) NEVER post a single word in any thread started by RJH (3) NEVER post a single word in response to any of his posts (this one's inevitable if we all use the script, after all). Eventually, if he NEVER receives a response, he'll either give up or die of old age. I'd prefer that he gave up, of course.

To everyone:
Judging purely from my personal experience on my computer, If you want to install GBaway script, you will find that you would not be able to by going to the website if you haven't already installed Greasemonkey.
You can install Greasemonkey by going to http://userscripts.org/about/installing
Only AFTER downloading Greasemonkey and AFTER you then close your browser and only AFTER you then restart your browser would you THEN be able to install GBaway script from the website. I got confused with it before I worked that bit out.

Australia

Moves
08 Nov 13

It also works in Chrome with Tampermonkey, I believe.

jb

Moves
08 Nov 13

Originally posted by humy
I second that. GBaway script is working well for me and I also recommend it. If only enough people do this here, the troll would be left forever talking to himself only.

I think we should all adapt you proposal you made in the site forum which was (with slight misprint corrected ) :

[quote] Here's my proposal: everyone who wants to read and post in the ...[text shortened]... to install GBaway script from the website. I got confused with it before I worked that bit out.
Reminds me of Junior high. The little girls would outcast someone from their group saying we don't want to play with you!!!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 13

Originally posted by joe beyser
Reminds me of Junior high. The little girls would outcast someone from their group saying we don't want to play with you!!!
I second that, do we really need Gestapo tactics to rid the world of evil forum trolls?

h

Moves
08 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by joe shmo
I second that, do we really need Gestapo tactics to rid the world of evil forum trolls?
so ignoring a bully is "Gestapo tactics"? How so?

h

Moves
08 Nov 13
7 edits

[/b]Reminds me of Junior high. The little girls would outcast someone from their group saying we don't want to play with you!!![/b]
Given that our 'group' are all of us who have some genuine interest in science (not to mention an IQ well higher than his ) , the moron is not and always was not ever part of our 'group'. And the script to hide his moronic posts from us would not 'outcast' him because the moron is and always was an outcast from any kind of intelligent scientific debate -you cannot outcast someone who has already outcast himself first! -That's like saying you can sack an unemployable person from employment when he has not and has not ever had employment! (and, by analogy for the case of this particular moron; made totally and permanently unemployable by his own personal choice by self-lobotomizing himself )

jb

Moves
08 Nov 13

Given that our 'group' are all of us who have some genuine interest in science (not to mention an IQ well higher than his ) , the moron is not and always was not ever part of our 'group'. And the script to hide his moronic posts from us would not 'outcast' him because the moron is and always was an outcast from any kind of intelligent scientific debate -you can ...[text shortened]... e totally and permanently unemployable by his own personal choice by self-lobotomizing himself )
Does everyone have to agree on everything to be part of the group? Keep in mind there are a lot of other RHP folks that may want to participate on here that do not agree with you on everything. I for one think that any discussion for or against a subject like evolution can be discussed here or on the spirituality forum. The only proof one way or another will come from science. If you wish to have discussions that leave out other members then why not have a private forum or PM or something of that nature?

h

Moves
08 Nov 13
4 edits

Does everyone have to agree on everything to be part of the group? Keep in mind there are a lot of other RHP folks that may want to participate on here that do not agree with you on everything. I for one think that any discussion for or against a subject like evolution can be discussed here or on the spirituality forum. The only proof one way or another w ...[text shortened]... hat leave out other members then why not have a private forum or PM or something of that nature?
Does everyone have to agree on everything to be part of the group?

No, and obviously I clearly didn’t say/imply anything of the sort. But they DO need to accept the basic principles of science before they can be part of our group for making rational debates about scientific matters. The moron doesn't have any scientific credentials nor interest in science but, much more to the point, doesn't even accept the basic principles of science (like, for example, you should base all conclusions on the evidence and logic alone and never faith nor what you would want to be true ) .
Keep in mind there are a lot of other RHP folks that may want to participate on here that do not agree with you on everything.

Right, and most of them have an opinion NOT based on the rejection of science or the known scientific facts for religious reasons! I have no problem with debating with someone that merely disagrees with me -just keep God or the gods out of the debate here because religion and God and gods is not part of any real science! If it is religion, it isn't science.
I for one think that any discussion for or against a subject like evolution can be discussed here or on the spirituality forum.

Not rationally. Evolution is a proven scientific fact and the denial of this fact is usually done purely for religious reasons thus that denial is not part of science and never belongs in the Science forum because any religious talk against evolution is not a scientific discussion.
The only proof one way or another will come from science.

No, not “come” because the proof is already here. Evolution is already proven by science -live with it!
If you wish to have discussions that leave out other members then ...

The moron is not a member of the scientific community nor even someone that has an interest in science thus doesn't belong here in the Science forum. OBVIOUSLT, I CLEARLY didn't imply anyone that wants to to have a genuine discussion about SCIENCE, NOT RELIGION in the SCIENCE forum, should not be here. Actually, the problem with the moron is not so much he wants to discuss religion in the science forum but that he just trolls here with extremely stupid unintelligent comments like “EVIL-ution is EVIL” rather than have any sort of meaningful debate or real argument -unless you think “EVIL-ution is EVIL” is an 'argument'? Do you? Is THAT one of the perfectly valid 'scientific opinions' that you would say I don't want to have in the science forum just because I 'disagree' with it? 😛 The moron has NEVER presented a genuine scientific hypothesis in this forum -just unintelligent trolling (unless you think “EVIL-ution is EVIL” is intelligent!? )
If it wasn't for the fact that he never debates but just trolls, if or when I find out just for once he presents a genuine scientific hypothesis, even one I completely disagree with, I would be willing to debate with him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 13

so ignoring a bully is "Gestapo tactics"? How so?
A bully...Hardly the case. Annoying...SURE, but what are you afraid of? Why should YOU micromanage the science forum, what are your credentials? He is certainly not shaking the foundations of science with his childish comments, so why worry? Just alert the moderators, and leave it be.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Nov 13

Originally posted by joe shmo
A bully...Hardly the case. Annoying...SURE, but what are you afraid of? Why should YOU micromanage the science forum, what are your credentials? He is certainly not shaking the foundations of science with his childish comments, so why worry? Just alert the moderators, and leave it be.
Humy (and Kewpie) are not micromanaging. They are putting
forward a suggestion. It's not really even a debate; either go
along with the suggestion (which I think is a good one) or don't.
Choice.
Something you didn't get with the Gestapo! 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Nov 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Humy (and Kewpie) are not micromanaging. They are putting
forward a suggestion. It's not really even a debate; either go
along with the suggestion (which I think is a good one) or don't.
Choice.
Something you didn't get with the Gestapo! 😉
Who can argue with freedom of choice or pro-choice (abortion rights). It's like free will, right?

The Instructor

w
misanthrope

seclusion

Moves
11 Nov 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Who can argue with freedom of choice or pro-choice (abortion rights). It's like free will, right?

The Instructor
Free will? LOL! You know nothing of free will. Your definition of free will is to allow the ignorance of 2,000 years ago think for you.

Also, free will is not threatened by punishment or inveigled by rewards.

The Professor