1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 14:41
    very encouraged to see these developments in the UK.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-31682529
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 18:454 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    very encouraged to see these developments in the UK.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-31682529
    It says "the series of six lagoons could generate 8% of the UK's electricity".
    I am surprised that it is that high.
    Unless I am missing it, the link doesn't appear to say when all this would be built.

I really don't like the prediction the "Future sources of electricity" graph is showing near the bottom of that link; it predicts that even in year 2030, still less than half of our electric energy would be coming from renewables and the rate at which we would be putting CO2 into our atmosphere from electric production would have barely halved. That would be just not good enough. I hope that prediction will be proved plain wrong.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 22:03
    Originally posted by humy
    It says "the series of six lagoons could generate 8% of the UK's electricity".
    I am surprised that it is that high.
    Unless I am missing it, the link doesn't appear to say when all this would be built.

I really don't like the prediction the "Future sources of electricity" graph is showing near the bottom of that link; it predicts that even in year ...[text shortened]... y halved. That would be just not good enough. I hope that prediction will be proved plain wrong.
    I dont understand enough about it humy to be honest. I was interested in it from an engineering perspective. Wave power was always on the cards but the process of trapping water seems so simple.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree