Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    13 May '08 12:18
    Are tram stops best :
    1/before the tram crosses a road ?
    or
    2/after the tram crosses a road ?
    My local tram has just been revolutionized - so that the stops are after they cross the road/intersection.
    But it just seems stupid to me ... we wait to cross the road unable to enter/exit ... then we wait after the road while we embark/disembark.

What does the local tram/train near you do ... and is it good ... is to right?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 May '08 12:331 edit
    Originally posted by flexmore
    Are tram stops best :
    or

At my town it stops before the tram crosses a road !

It's good, because it doesn't have to stop twice. I think...
  3. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    13 May '08 15:32
    Are tram stops best :
    or
    My local tram has just been revolutionized - so that the stops are after they cross the road/intersection.
    But it just seems stupid to me ... we wait to cross the road unable to enter/exit ... then we wait after the road while we embark/disembark.

In my hometown, Toronto, they all stop before.

I would think before is better especially if the tracks are also used as lanes of traffic as they are in many cases. If they are and the stop is after then they would stop after the intersection, but there's a green light and they would be blocking traffic.

If they have their own exclusive lane then it isn't as much of an issue. If they stopped after then you could be stuck on the tram at a red light, but wouldn't be able to get off even though you're at the intersection you wanted to get off at.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 May '08 06:11
    Are tram stops best :
    or

Try going in the opposite direction on the tram, then you'll be able to decide for yourself. 😀😉
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    16 May '08 06:22
    Are tram stops best :
    or

Stopping after the road allows drivers behind the tram to make right turns (assuming a tram is a bus like thing).
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    16 May '08 10:32
    Interestingly, I think the psychological effects of stopping before the road are worse. People who are already inside the bus, including the driver, get more nervous and less patient when it's green and there are people entering the bus. I often see people huffing and grumbling when this happens. Probably it's a phenomenon somewhat similar to road rage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree