1. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 23:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have the Holy Bible as history that goes all the way back to the creation or the creation of mankind at least. It has been calculated by scholars that it accounts for a little over 6000 years. I don't believe they have determined an exact number of years so I am giving the evolutionist the benefit of the doubt that those scholars could have overlooked so ...[text shortened]... ionists like to throw out large wild numbers, I felt you would not mind me doing the same. 😏
    So this is a stab in the dark? I think I'll stick with what the evidence tells me rather than a wild guess.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 01:09
    Originally posted by Kepler
    So this is a stab in the dark? I think I'll stick with what the evidence tells me rather than a wild guess.
    What evidence????? 😏
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 09:34
    What evidence????? 😏
    Radiometric dating of rocks, experimental work on sedimentation rates, observable spreading rates at mid ocean ridges, ditto for subduction rates, the observed isostatic rebound rates of parts of the northern hemisphere and so on.

You got anything to put against that?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 12:30
    Radiometric dating of rocks, experimental work on sedimentation rates, observable spreading rates at mid ocean ridges, ditto for subduction rates, the observed isostatic rebound rates of parts of the northern hemisphere and so on.

You got anything to put against that?
    That is all assumptions, misrepresentations, guess work, and hocus pocus. Young Earth Creationists can surely counter your so-called evidence and maybe even raise you some. Look it up on YouTube. 😏
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 12:51
    That is all assumptions, misrepresentations, guess work, and hocus pocus. Young Earth Creationists can surely counter your so-called evidence and maybe even raise you some. Look it up on YouTube. 😏
    YouTube has all the credibility of The Big Book of Fairy Tales.

So you don't have anything other than "I don't believe your evidence"? That seems fair, I don't have any faith in The Big Book of Fairy Tales, the god it supposedly evidences or your ability to think for yourself. I think it is safe to say that if your god were to appear in person I would refuse to believe simply on the basis that you do believe.
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 15:37
    So, you believe everything you see on you-tube??

How about this, about you?...........

YouTube&feature=share

Believe it, as much as the other stuff you believe to believe?

Baa-Humbug!!

-m.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    So, you believe everything you see on you-tube??

How about this, about you?...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Kq78G2nxA&feature=share

Believe it, as much as the other stuff you believe to believe?

Baa-Humbug!!

-m.
    Of course I do not believe everything on YouTube, because you have the atheists and evil-lutionists putting videos on there too. I was telling him to look up what the young earth creationists put on there as evidence. It may not all be accurate either, but it is better than that evil-lutionists crap. 😏

If you have any problem with any of it then just let me know and I might feel like filtering it out for you.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 16:29
    In the future will we discover dinosaurs are still alive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbQTfedDpU
    Yes, in fact they are called chickens.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 16:31
    Of course I do not believe everything on YouTube, because you have the atheists and evil-lutionists putting videos on there too. I was telling him to look up what the young earth creationists put on there as evidence. It may not all be accurate either, but it is better thant that evil-lutionists crap. 😏
    The age of the universe has ZERO to do with evolution. Why do you insist on putting them together on the same plate? The universe is almost 14 billion years old, the Earth a bit over 4 so for the first 10 billion odd years there was no Earth and of course no Earthly evolution to even discuss. You need to get your head on straight and at least know the ground rules.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 16:321 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yes, in fact they are called chickens.
    So you think the dinosaurs shrunk and changed to a different kind? I don't think that is at all likely. 😏
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 18:51
    So you think the dinosaurs shrunk and changed to a different kind? I don't think that is at all likely. 😏
    As it turns out, what you think about it has nothing to do with reality so you can poo poo it all you want. It's just a shame to be wasting what appears to have been a good brain somewhere in the deep past.
  12. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 00:14
    Some dinos were smaller than chickens to start with.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 12:32
    Some dinos were smaller than chickens to start with.
    You mean as babies?
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 12:571 edit
    You mean as babies?
    No, throughout their lives. Not all dinosaurs were big, just as not all mammals are big. If mammals can range from shrew to blue whale then it is reasonable to think that dinosaurs could have a similar range in sizes. The fossil record suggests dinosaurs were less extreme in the range of sizes, pigeon to half a blue whale maybe. Of course, most people think dinosaurs were all huge lumbering beasts but that's just ignorance of the true diversity of dinosaurs.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 13:25
    No, throughout their lives. Not all dinosaurs were big, just as not all mammals are big. If mammals can range from shrew to blue whale then it is reasonable to think that dinosaurs could have a similar range in sizes. The fossil record suggests dinosaurs were less extreme in the range of sizes, pigeon to half a blue whale maybe. Of course, most people think d ...[text shortened]... rs were all huge lumbering beasts but that's just ignorance of the true diversity of dinosaurs.
    Then there should be no real objection to Noah having taken dinosaurs on the ark.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree