1. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 13:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Then there should be no real objection to Noah having taken dinosaurs on the ark.
    I don't see any objection to Noah taking dinosaurs on his ark or even out to dinner and a movie if he so wished. Other than the simple fact there were no dinosaurs around when Noah was alive.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 13:50
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I don't see any objection to Noah taking dinosaurs on his ark or even out to dinner and a movie if he so wished. Other than the simple fact there were no dinosaurs around when Noah was alive.
    Perhaps not, but some people saw dinosaurs because there have been ancient drawings or carvings of dinosaurs on pottery and walls found.

http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 14:141 edit
    Perhaps not, but some people saw dinosaurs because there have been ancient drawings or carvings of dinosaurs on pottery and walls found.

http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/
    Does that mean Thor, Odin, Zeus and Apollo all existed because we have pictures of them? I suppose that means elves exist as well, they are in films. Of course, that means god doesn't exist as we have no pictorial evidence. Jolly good, Thor, Odin et al are real gods, the biblical chap just a myth. Case closed.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 14:59
    Does that mean Thor, Odin, Zeus and Apollo all existed because we have pictures of them? I suppose that means elves exist as well, they are in films. Of course, that means god doesn't exist as we have no pictorial evidence. Jolly good, Thor, Odin et al are real gods, the biblical chap just a myth. Case closed.
    No, that does not mean Thor or Zeus existed just because we have drawings of them for they were only drawings to dipict Gods that looked like men or perhaps men combined with features of animals, both of which had been seen. Some people also draw the God of the Old Testament to look like Thor or Zeus. They may not have seen these gods that they had drawn, but they believed that there were gods for some reason and apparently thought these gods looked something like themselves, but with greater powers.

Perhaps ancient man had also uncovered bones and put them together and imagined the same dinosaur-like animals that our evil-lutionists have today. However I think that is a big stretch of the imagination to think that those ancient people were able to do exactly what the evil-lutionists have done today. But you are welcome to believe whatever you wish and I hope you will allow us creationists to believe what we wish.
  5. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 15:34
    No, that does not mean Thor or Zeus existed just because we have drawings of them for they were only drawings to dipict Gods that looked like men or perhaps men combined with features of animals, both of which had been seen. Some people also draw the God of the Old Testament to look like Thor or Zeus. They may not have seen these gods that they had drawn, ...[text shortened]... to believe whatever you wish and I hope you will allow us creationists to believe what we wish.
    And that's the whole point. Creationists believe what they WISH. Evolutionists believe what the evidence shows.

No amount of evidence will ever be strong enough to overcome the wishful thinking of the simpleminded creationists.

Evolutionists will always be too informed and intelligent to believe in creation and creationists will always be to dumb and stubborn to believe in facts.

Argument closed.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 15:39
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    And that's the whole point. Creationists believe what they WISH. Evolutionists believe what the evidence shows.

No amount of evidence will ever be strong enough to overcome the wishful thinking of the simpleminded creationists.

Evolutionists will always be too informed and intelligent to believe in creation and creationists will always be to dumb and stubborn to believe in facts.

Argument closed.
    Evil-lutionists believe what they wish because there is no evidence that shows all that they claim to believe. I am not dumb enough to believe something is a fact just because an evil-lutionists claims it to be a fact. Argument closed again.
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 16:06
    No, that does not mean Thor or Zeus existed just because we have drawings of them for they were only drawings to dipict Gods that looked like men or perhaps men combined with features of animals, both of which had been seen. Some people also draw the God of the Old Testament to look like Thor or Zeus. They may not have seen these gods that they had drawn, ...[text shortened]... to believe whatever you wish and I hope you will allow us creationists to believe what we wish.
    How about the elves then? I reckon they should be around here somewhere, I've seen pictures and even films with them in.

Are you saying that god pictures can't represent gods because they look human? If so, that means the flying spaghetti monster is a real god! I have pictures of his noodliness and he don't look very human to me.

Noodly! Noodly! Tagliatelle!
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 17:21
    How about the elves then? I reckon they should be around here somewhere, I've seen pictures and even films with them in.

Are you saying that god pictures can't represent gods because they look human? If so, that means the flying spaghetti monster is a real god! I have pictures of his noodliness and he don't look very human to me.

Noodly! Noodly! Tagliatelle!
    You can make pictures of anything you want and claim it is a god, even the Israelites made images of cows to represent their gods while fleeing the Eqyptians. However, my point was dealing with the ancient people making drawings that we identify as looking like what we think several extinct dinosaurs probably looked like. It seems likely to some of us that they may have actually seen these creatures, since they had no museums filled with dinosaur bones back then. However, I understand you have your own spin on it, so you can continue to believe what you want.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree