1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Dec '20 18:335 edits
    I knew most of this already, but for those of you who don't, see;
    YouTube
    Its just a matter of applying the equations of physics to see why the warming effect of greenhouse gasses completely swamp and are many times greater than the puny temperature changes caused by the solar cycle. And the recent empirical evidence has clearly confirmed this by the fact it clearly shows a 0.7C increase in recent average global temperatures despite, in the same recent period, the amount of solar radiation from the Sun going down, not up, slightly.

Also, during the same recent period, while the lower atmosphere has warmed, the upper atmosphere has, and just as expected if global warming was mainly caused by greenhouse gasses and not greater solar activity (and this is ignoring the fact that solar activity hasn't increased!), actually cooled; the exact opposite of what you would expect if the greater solar activity was the main cause of the lower atmosphere warming. If greater solar activity was responsible for the lower atmosphere warming, you would also expect the upper atmosphere to also warm but instead we see the exact opposite (and, again, even this is ignoring the fact that solar activity hasn't increased!) .

The video also briefly shows a graph showing that the warming from methane, although vastly greater than any warming from greater solar activity, is still much less than that from CO2 and definitely so when you look at the error bars on that graph as those error bars don't horizontally-wise overlap. It is clear from that graph and from the data that, ignoring water vapour which is another story, CO2 is clearly the main cause of the most recent warming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree