WD 40

Standard memberyo its me
Science 09 Feb '09 09:58
  1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 09:58
    I got an email today about the wonders of WD-40 (Water Displacement formular number 40 apparently).
    It says WD-40 can do lots of lubricating mechanical things and stain removal, ok I'll go for that but these two.....

36) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees
    to relieve arthritis pain.
    40) Ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and
    stops the itch.

and... It is good for oven burns or any other type of burn. It takes the burned feeling away and heals with NO scarring.
    Remember, the basic ingredient is FISH OIL.

Is this true?
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 10:50
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I got an email today about the wonders of WD-40 (Water Displacement formular number 40 apparently).
    It says WD-40 can do lots of lubricating mechanical things and stain removal, ok I'll go for that but these two.....

36) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees
    to relieve arthritis pain.
    40) Ant bites. It takes the sting away immediatel ...[text shortened]... away and heals with NO scarring.
    Remember, the basic ingredient is FISH OIL.

Is this true?
    According to Wiki, a source which never lies, it's basic ingredient is White Spirit in the US and Naphtha (similar to paraffin, I believe) in the EU, not fish oil.

I think it also causes burning if too much of it comes in contact with your skin. However, I have not tried this...
  3. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 10:56
    Originally posted by Swlabr
    According to Wiki, a source which never lies, it's basic ingredient is White Spirit in the US and Naphtha (similar to paraffin, I believe) in the EU, not fish oil.

I think it also causes burning if too much of it comes in contact with your skin. However, I have not tried this...
    Typical email rubbish then 😞
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 13:34
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Typical email rubbish then 😞
    Well, as it displaces water I'm sure that it would help to get rid of the sweat from under your armpits. However - be careful! Wiki warns you that you shouldn't use it to wither clean eletrical circitry (as it leaves a sticky residue), and nor should you use it to clean locks. Inseat, to clean locks one should use isopropyl alcohol then allow the lock to dry thoroughly and then lubricated with dry graphite powder.

Consider yourself warned!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree