1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 14:521 edit
    http://scribol.com/a/science/researchers-reveal-humans-look-like-100000-years-pretty-jaw-dropping/?utm_source=Outbrain_Premium&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Humans_Appearance_Future_US_Desktop&utm_content=5580689

Long asss link but it works.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 16:27
    Lots of wild speculation based on rather poorly thought out ideas.

For example this:
    As the human species moves beyond our planet, we’ll need larger eyes to see better in the darker part of our solar system away from the sun. The darker pigmentation is to protect us from harmful ultraviolet rays when we leave the Earth’s ozone layer.

The reality is our eyes will probably adapt more to artificial lighting having nothing to do with which part of the solar system we are in. In the short term they will adapt towards looking at computer screens and short sightedness will be a trend.

As for 'harmful ultraviolet rays'? Where exactly does he think we will be living? Ultraviolet is pretty much stopped by glass, so unless we terraform mars to the point where we can live outside, it just doesn't make any sense.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 20:364 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead

As the human species moves beyond our planet, we’ll need larger eyes to see better in the darker part of our solar system away from the sun. The darker pigmentation is to protect us from harmful ultraviolet rays when we leave the Earth’s ozone layer.
    Yes, I agree that's "rather poorly thought out ideas.".
    In fact, I would say that is an understatement!
    There is just so much wrong with that link's statement, isn't there!

just 3 of the things wrong with it;

1, It assumes we will idiotically choose to live in a dark place in the solar system when we already have got a perfectly good and well-lit planet called planet Earth we can live on that is vastly more hospitable to human life. When people have a choice, only the completely stupid would choose to reject living in comparative paradise in favor of living in a dark inhospitable place without a very good reason.

2, if we move to a dark place, why would we keep the lights off?
    Hasn't this person heard of "artificial lighting"?
    We would 'adapt' not by having bigger eyes but by keeping the lights on ๐Ÿ˜›

3, if we leave the Earth's atmosphere, we will presumably need to ware space suits when we are outside buildings/space vessels. Both the space suits and the buildings/space vessels would presumably be deigned to block UV from entering in and reaching our eyes. Thus no "darker pigmentation" necessary.
    If Mars is ever terraformed to have an oxygen rich atmosphere, it would naturally form its own ozone layer thus no "darker pigmentation" may be necessary even there and then.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jun '16 13:59
    Originally posted by humy
    Yes, I agree that's "rather poorly thought out ideas.".
    In fact, I would say that is an understatement!
    There is just so much wrong with that link's statement, isn't there!

just 3 of the things wrong with it;

1, It assumes we will idiotically choose to live in a dark place in the solar system when we already have got a perfectly good and well-lit plane ...[text shortened]... lly form its own ozone layer thus no "darker pigmentation" may be necessary even there and then.
    Picky picky๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jun '16 09:114 edits
    just scroll down a bit here and see what we would look like in the future;

http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2015/03/freaky-the-war-on-humanity-has-commenced-alien-skulls-cern-transhumanism-nephilim-and-the-real-disclosure-thats-coming-soon-truthfrequencyradio-speaks-and-holds-nothing-back-2485680.html

and see the extra hands and feet on the man's head.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree