1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 16:56
    http://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/particle-physics-basics/how-the-higgs-field-works-with-math/1-the-basic-idea/

Here is one site with some answers.

Can the higgs field be manipulated somehow? Like we manipulate electromagnetic fields?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 05:06
    I have been looking at that page and the various pages linked to it, with some understanding. The author admits he is giving a watered-down version of the current theory--not going into all the gory details, as it were.

Anthony Zee's 'Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell' is a book I purchased, though it is still sitting on my to-be-read shelf. Have you read that one?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Oct '13 11:114 edits
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I have been looking at that page and the various pages linked to it, with some understanding. The author admits he is giving a watered-down version of the current theory--not going into all the gory details, as it were.

Anthony Zee's 'Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell' is a book I purchased, though it is still sitting on my to-be-read shelf. Have you read that one?
    No, have not read that one. Sounds interesting. Maybe it's in my local Barns.

He has 4 other books like 'Einstein's Universe' and Old man's toy (one of which has a 53 dollar price tag for hard bound and another price of $767.! Who in their right mind would even CONSIDER paying that much?

But quantum in a nutshell was not there.

It's on Amazon from 18 to 25 bucks though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree