1. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    26 May '11 15:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    M and N are becoming obsolete.
    Yes, because they are right in the middle of the alphabet. Such fence sitting should be abolished in debate.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 May '11 19:51
    On keyboards that I have seen that are 5+ years old the most common wear is the home row... but that actually makes sense whereas none of the posters in this thread have typical wear patterns on their keyboards.
  3. Joined
    27 May '11
    Moves
    27 May '11 06:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 May '11 08:51
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    On keyboards that I have seen that are 5+ years old the most common wear is the home row... but that actually makes sense whereas none of the posters in this thread have typical wear patterns on their keyboards.
    Palynka uses a different home row from me. It is also likely that some of the posters here do not touch type (and thus do not have a home row).
    One must also take into account computer usage patterns. My computers are used for games almost as much as for typing.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '11 18:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Palynka uses a different home row from me. It is also likely that some of the posters here do not touch type (and thus do not have a home row).
    One must also take into account computer usage patterns. My computers are used for games almost as much as for typing.
    Don't see the problem, I have two HP comps controlled by one keyboard via a data switch and the keyboard is used by at least 4 family members all hours of the night and has been for several years with no loss of letter quality.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 May '11 18:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I see your point. Everybody in my family and that I know rest their fingers asdfjkl;

I believe the wear comes mostly from finger perspiration than actual usage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree