1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 05:40
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I don't know much about chemistry but I always thought that there had to be at least two electrons in the first orbital for there to be any in the second and then there has to be eight in the second for there to be any in the third and so on a so forth.
    That's what I was referring to. That's the rule for low energy, standard atoms, but if they absorb energy the electrons can move to other orbitals.
  2. Subscribershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 07:47
    Originally posted by rhb
    http://www.timeforchess.com/img/forums/forum-science.gif

Is it Lithium? My Chemistry is a bit rusty.
    Isn't lithium a salt?
    And isn't it the drug you give folks with bi-polar disorders?

As for the little drawing... uh... haven't a clue.
    But what's new?

I'll tell you what's new.
    No, sorry. I can't be arsed. It's all just so damned depressing. I think I'll go and lie in bed.

No. Wait. I've got a great idea. It probably involves sticking a finger up someone's arse, but who cares? I don't.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 08:19
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Isn't lithium a salt?
    And isn't it the drug you give folks with bi-polar disorders?

As for the little drawing... uh... haven't a clue.
    But what's new?

I'll tell you what's new.
    No, sorry. I can't be arsed. It's all just so damned depressing. I think I'll go and lie in bed.

No. Wait. I've got a great idea. It probably involves sticking a finger up someone's arse, but who cares? I don't.
    Lithium can come in salt form or non salt form, and yes, some form of lithium is given for some psychiatric illnesses.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 08:24
    Originally posted by flexmore
    This is a symbol exemplifying the power of:
    -PAWN TO KING 4 (see dot to top right),
    -PAWN TO QUEEN 4 (see dot top left) ,
    -COUNTERATTACK (see dot at bottom) .. and
    -MATING COMBINATION (see great big dot in the middle)

The loopy rings demonstrate that all parts of the board can be connected.

Of course the mainstream theory has it's opponents:
    some ...[text shortened]... ink the great big dot in the middle represents the power of the centre ... but they are stupid.
    I think you all have too much time on your hands....
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '08 12:51
    Originally posted by rhb
    http://www.timeforchess.com/img/forums/forum-science.gif

Is it Lithium? My Chemistry is a bit rusty.
    No, it's not Lithium, and was never to be even alike something like Lithium.

Everyone knows that the two-body problem is solved. Two stars can circle around eachother in fixed orbits forever (the relativity theory disputes this, but that's another question) even if the orbits are highly elliptical. The two stars have a common gravitational mass center in the middle, that with two (and two only) bodies are involved is stationary in space.

The three body system is not solved, exept for some well defined bodies and orbits. This is a such.

The picture depicts three stars and their three well defined orbits and the well defined stationary mass center in the middle. One solution of a particular three-body problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree