1. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 11:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Have you some personal experience of this? Just wondering why you mention it; I know someone who is using the drug.
    No, I have no personal experience nor medical knowledge of the drug other than what I referenced. Anyone using the drug should do so only on advice of their doctor and also double-check what they can on the internet.
    All I was saying is don't jump the gun based on rat studies and start taking a drug that could have negative effects too.

My own medical condition relates to the B12 and folic acid pathways. Sadly I have been told that further investigation would be either impossible in South Africa or astronomically expensive.

I do have diabetes in my family tree and will likely suffer from it in old age and may at that time start taking Metformin (on a doctors advice)
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '15 12:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, I have no personal experience nor medical knowledge of the drug other than what I referenced. Anyone using the drug should do so only on advice of their doctor and also double-check what they can on the internet.
    All I was saying is don't jump the gun based on rat studies and start taking a drug that could have negative effects too.

My own medical ...[text shortened]... kely suffer from it in old age and may at that time start taking Metformin (on a doctors advice)
    My wife takes Metformin under doctors instruction and she works hard to control her T2 diabetes which she does very well after a quite significant early issue with her eyes which was compounded by serious anemia (hence my frequent personal references to blood transfusion in the JW threads in spirituality). I sent her the link you posted, thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree