1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '17 18:47
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    [b]Nutritionally, it's nearly identical to a hamburger

High in saturated fats?[/b]
    I just read it from their website, but don't know the exact nutritional facts. With the added heme, they introduce more iron and protein than a standard veggie burger, I think.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '17 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, for now farmers are safe due to the pesky detail of that stuff costing $9000 a pound....

My daughter Heather is a vegetarian and I asked her if she would eat meat manufactured like that and she said yes, so I think there will be a market for it if the price comes down to something reasonable.
    what kind of vegetarian eats meat? 🙄
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 07:40
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Incidentally, I eat a lot of Ostrich burgers. I don't know how they compare environmentally and nutritionally to beef burgers.
    I think, by eating ostrich burgers you are just sticking your head in the sand.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 07:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Many vegetarians became so as a result of cruelty to animals or not wanting to eat sentient creatures. Separate the 'animal' from the 'meat' and I believe many would return to a carnivore diet.

(Not me though. Yuck).
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 07:45
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think, by eating ostrich burgers you are just sticking your head in the sand.
    I think you should go back through the thread and look for posts by DeepThought. 🙂
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 07:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think you should go back through the thread and look for posts by DeepThought. 🙂
    Darn it. 🙁
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Apr '17 15:15
    Meat grown in a vat is not killing animals and their are far less toxins in that kind of process, also no pesticides, no hormones and such so there would be not much difference between plant cells and animal cells for vegans. Would it make much difference if the process grew plant cells instead of meat cells?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 15:09
    Meat grown in a vat is not killing animals and their are far less toxins in that kind of process, also no pesticides, no hormones and such so there would be not much difference between plant cells and animal cells for vegans. Would it make much difference if the process grew plant cells instead of meat cells?
    Its still eating meat dude, whatever way you look at it. Vegetarians don't eat meat. Sure you get wussy ones that occasionally eat white meat like fish and chicken but they are not vegetarians, they are something else.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 15:10
    Many vegetarians became so as a result of cruelty to animals or not wanting to eat sentient creatures. Separate the 'animal' from the 'meat' and I believe many would return to a carnivore diet.

(Not me though. Yuck).
    Its quite interesting. Meat just makes me feel sick when i eat it.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    03 Apr '17 16:43
    Its quite interesting. Meat just makes me feel sick when i eat it.
    I believe one first needs to cook it.
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '17 16:23
    I've met self-described vegetarians who eat hot dogs. There's also these folks:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Baconarian
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '17 20:031 edit
    Originally posted by wildgrass
    I've met self-described vegetarians who eat hot dogs. There's also these folks:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Baconarian
    Sigh we live in a very topsy turvy world.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '17 20:04
    I believe one first needs to cook it.
    They need to be dead for that! 😛
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Apr '17 10:57
    They need to be dead for that! 😛
    Not if you are a lobster.
    I asked a question, suppose this process for vat grown meat extends to vegatable matter also. If you see them side by side, what difference would it make which one you ate? The vat grown meat was not the result of killing an animal and neither was the vegatable version either.

So either way you are eating cells, you are destroying life no matter what you eat. So what would be the difference besides your psycological bias against meat?
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '17 14:01
    Not if you are a lobster.
    I asked a question, suppose this process for vat grown meat extends to vegatable matter also. If you see them side by side, what difference would it make which one you ate? The vat grown meat was not the result of killing an animal and neither was the vegatable version either.

So either way you are eating cells, you are destroy ...[text shortened]... atter what you eat. So what would be the difference besides your psycological bias against meat?
    If you really want to pin a vegetarian on a technicality, ask them if they would eat a carnivorous plant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree