1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Dec '13 22:39
    Originally posted by humy
    Putting it simply, this is all misinformation from desperate global warming deniers.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/10/15/the-met-office-responds-to-global-warming-stopped-16-years-ago/
    “...
    An article by David Rose appears today in the Mail on Sunday under the title: ‘Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released… and he ...[text shortened]... ]want[/i] it to be so don't let your wants tell you the truth else you will get lies.
    [/b]
    Truth depends on which 'experts' you want to believe.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 00:36
    Originally posted by Eladar
    No the truth is what the evidence says it is.

The evidence is that the world is warming due to human greenhouse gas emissions.

Scientists in this field almost universally agree with this BECAUSE that is what the
    evidence says.

It's like claiming their is a conspiracy by scientists to claim the world is spherical*
    and not flat. It IS spherical* and we know that.

The World IS warming. We can measure it doing so.

All the idiots claiming a pause in warming are looking at incomplete temperature
    records of the atmosphere which accounts for a mere 2% of the heat absorption
    of the planet.
    The remaining 98% goes into melting ice, heating the land, and 90% goes into heating
    the oceans.

The thin lightweight atmosphere holds a paltry minority of the heat the world is gaining.

Oceanic cycles that are well known change the distribution of warm or cool water
    over the ocean surface which has a huge impact on the temperature of the atmosphere.

We have had over the last decade a long period of the oceans sucking heat out of the
    atmosphere... And the atmosphere didn't get cooler it STILL got hotter... Just slightly
    slower than before.

At the same time... The oceans got hotter and did so faster than the previous decade
    and the ice sheets continued melting... faster.

That takes an enormous amount of extra energy.

And it's coming from the extra insulation from the CO2 we are emitting.

*an irregular oblate spheroid if you're being picky
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 00:39
    You do realize that there has been no global warming in the last 15 years don't you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2425775/Climate-scientists-told-cover-fact-Earths-temperature-risen-15-years.html
    The daily mail could find their ass's with both hands... let alone the truth.

This is the paper that is trying to classify everything in the world as something
    that either causes or cures cancer.

They do not know what the frak they are talking about.

And no. There has been no pause in global warming.

At all.
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 06:25
    What an idiotic statement.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 09:475 edits
    Originally posted by Trev33
    What an idiotic statement.
    LOL.
    Very sadly, he would not be, by very far, the only delusional nut here that both says and actually believes such idiocy;
    The more generic delusional absurdity they all believe being "truth is whatever you want it to be" 😛
    I know this would almost certainly be totally ignored by them but, for what little its worth, I tell them again:

Truth is indifferent from what we want it to be
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 18:58
    Originally posted by humy
    LOL.
    Very sadly, he would not be, by very far, the only delusional nut here that both says and actually believes such idiocy;
    The more generic delusional absurdity they all believe being "truth is whatever you want it to be" 😛
    I know this would almost certainly be totally ignored by them but, for what little its worth, I tell them again:

[b]Truth is indifferent from what we want it to be
    [/b]
    Truth is truth.

People who think they know the truth are simply fooling themselves. The only thing you can personally know is your opinion and your opinion does not make fact. I know that liberals like to pretend that what they believe is truth, but it is only their belief.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 19:48
    Truth is truth.

People who think they know the truth are simply fooling themselves. The only thing you can personally know is your opinion and your opinion does not make fact. I know that liberals like to pretend that what they believe is truth, but it is only their belief.
    People who think they know the truth are simply fooling themselves.

Yet another totally idiotic statement. You think and claim you 'know' that global warming is false and you 'know' I am wrong about this. So, according to your own statement above, you are fooling yourself about this. Therefore you are not making any logical sense here.

The only thing you can personally know is your opinion

Yet another totally idiotic statement. Can I not know that the Earth is round and not flat? What about OBSERVATION and EVIDENCE and flawless LOGIC? How are those things just “opinion”? Why cannot those things allow us to know?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 19:49
    Truth is truth.

There is one truth for sure: You are delusional.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 16:00
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No the truth is what the evidence says it is.

The evidence is that the world is warming due to human greenhouse gas emissions.

Scientists in this field almost universally agree with this BECAUSE that is what the
    evidence says.

It's like claiming their is a conspiracy by scientists to claim the world is spherical*
    and not flat. It IS spherica ...[text shortened]... on from the CO2 we are emitting.

*an irregular oblate spheroid if you're being picky
    It looks like a money making scheme to me.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Dec '13 19:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It looks like a money making scheme to me.
    It sure is, billions being pumped into conservative legislators by the climate change deniers. THEY are making a LOT of money off the suppression of climate change truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree