1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 11:15
    http://phys.org/news/2013-12-spooky-action-wormhole-entangled-quantum.html

This makes things a lot more weird if true!
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 11:333 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2013-12-spooky-action-wormhole-entangled-quantum.html

This makes things a lot more weird if true!
    it says:

"The way you can communicate with each other is if you jump into your black hole, then the other person must jump into his black hole, and the interior world would be the same,"

Could this open up a way to communicate at a distance and, in effect, over the speed of light? Of course, you, as in a whole human being, couldn't jump into this type of wormhole -but what about making some sub-atomic particles jump into it at both ends at some prearranged time and act to probe each other before jumping out so that we could extract the information from the other side? just wondering.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 12:13
    Originally posted by humy
    it says:

"The way you can communicate with each other is if you jump into your black hole, then the other person must jump into his black hole, and the interior world would be the same,"

Could this open up a way to communicate at a distance and, in effect, over the speed of light? Of course, you, as in a whole human being, couldn't jump into this type of ...[text shortened]... before jumping out so that we could extract the information from the other side? just wondering.
    I was wondering the same thing. And I expect a lot of other folks are too! Maybe something great will come out of this!
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Dec '13 06:44
    Sounds to me like just a desperate attempt to reconcile quantum effects with our Newtonian intuition. I believe the so called 'spooky action at a distance' is a direct outcome of the rules of quantum mechanics and we should just learn to live with it. Reality is not Newtonian, the sooner we accept that the better.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Dec '13 08:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Sounds to me like just a desperate attempt to reconcile quantum effects with our Newtonian intuition. I believe the so called 'spooky action at a distance' is a direct outcome of the rules of quantum mechanics and we should just learn to live with it. Reality is not Newtonian, the sooner we accept that the better.
    Sure, but that doesn't mean we should stop probing the underpinnings of quantum mechanics. Nobody knows what new knowledge will lead to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree