1. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    30 Nov '04 10:532 edits
    This subject has been a bit discussed in other threads as

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=16851
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=16076
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=16237

but i think this should be a major priority to implement .. that would be a big thing, for me and for some other ppl to say the least...

when i choose what game to play i always try to see what game has less time on the clock.. and when u have about 50games or more to manage that is quite hard.. cause there is no info on the "Move Timeout" (without clicking each single game) on "my games" page..

So the ability to sort games by Time Left to move would be REALLY great , and i see it as a priority adiction to the site, doesn't seem very hard.. others sites implement that too..
    Also the option of choosing in the after move preference the next game with less time.. but that would come easy after sorting the games!

I'm sure many players here share my view on this.. i hope Russ can do this ASAP, it would b really helpfull

Regards
  2. Standard membertejo
    a unique loser
    LIAAA
    Moves
    30 Nov '04 10:58
    Good one.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Nov '04 11:07
    This is a bit of an undocumented feature, but if you click the 'alert' column you will sort by remaining timeout on a game. Timebank remaining is excluded.

-Russ
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    30 Nov '04 11:22
    Others and I nagged so long till Russ gave us what we want... 😀
    (nagging just helped this time - don't try it youself! 😉 )
    th
  5. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    30 Nov '04 11:252 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is a bit of an undocumented feature, but if you click the 'alert' column you will sort by remaining timeout on a game. Timebank remaining is excluded.

-Russ
    oh 😳 wow 🙄 well that was what i wanted 😀 thx, consider changing the label off that column to Time Left and giving the time left below.. but thx anyway..
    Sorting the alert already helps alot 🙂
  6. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    30 Nov '04 12:54
    Russ, THANK YOU!!! My life is now complete, well almost....

7. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    30 Nov '04 18:55
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    Yes but the sorting is not completely accurate.

Games which are using up timebank appear near the top of the list but usually several games that are not using timebank appear above them.
  8. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    01 Dec '04 14:581 edit
    Originally posted by gumbie
    Yes but the sorting is not completely accurate.

Games which are using up timebank appear near the top of the list but usually several games that are not using timebank appear above them.
    Yes you are right .. its not accurate.. games with more hours to play then others have more priority 😕
  9. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    01 Dec '04 15:21
    as Russ said, timebank is not included in the calculation.
    and if it is sorted the wrong way around, just click once more on "alert" and you will be happy. 😉
    th
  10. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    01 Dec '04 15:27
    I have found that it works fine. Only games in which opponents have less T/O left, or busy using their timebanks appear above games awaiting my move.

11. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 00:004 edits
    it doesn't work fine! Even thoug it ignores timebank wich i like!

The order is all wrong.. lets say.. i have at least 18 games (clan league) with 3 day time out... but the order between games, in wich the lastmove was on the same day, is almost RANDOM 😕

So it can b more clear, here is a picture.. i filtered to have just the Clan League Games.... ALL 3 day time out!

http://bazik.no.sapo.pt/badsorting.JPG

Now all this games have their last move on the same day.. But the hours left are quite diferent.. But look at the LAST MOVE column.. ITS NOT RIGHT,

The game with more priority is one the last move according to the sorting is at 21:25 if u look down we have a 11:30 game it cleary more priority... and the list is cleary not sorted right.

And i know it doesn't matter ... cause timebacks are excluded.. BUT nono of this games is using timebank.. the leagues started todat 😉

Regards.. just trying to get this cool thing working 😉
  12. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 00:05
    Originally posted by bazik
    it doesn't work fine! Even thoug it ignores timebank wich i like!

The order is all wrong.. lets say.. i have at least 18 games (clan league) with 3 day time out... but the order between games, in wich the lastmove was on the same day, is almost RANDOM 😕

So it can b more clear, here is a picture.. i filtered to have just the Clan League Games.... ALL 3 ...[text shortened]... mebank.. the leagues started todat 😉

Regards.. just trying to get this cool thing working 😉
    Yes this is what I was trying to say 🙂

The sorting takes into account the date of the last move but not the time.
  13. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    02 Dec '04 11:49
    yep that it 😕 i'm sure it aint hard to do...~

I think the best thing would be change the alert column to Time Left.. and have a Days and Hours , (maybe minutes) Left like [2*22:34] or [2d22h34m] just to exemplify
  14. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    06 Dec '04 13:05
    i just hope this thread isnt forgotten , without the problem being solved... 8-)
  15. Braga, Portugal
    Moves
    04 Jan '05 09:33
    i'm Coming back to this thread for a reason 2005 Championship! lots of us are in it, and how can we know what's the most urgent??? besides clicking in each and everyone... pffff

Time left sortting should be inplemented like this...

1st all the games that are using timebank acording to the timebank left on the player who's turn is!

then all the games not using timebank acording to the TimeLeft Excluding Timebank like it is now... BUT with REAL sorting.. not just the same day!

and of course the Days ; Hours and Minuts Left for each should be in My Games!

This is one of the things that is still missing on this site.. except for that.. its just has some details.. but i think this is major.. and could turn in alot of help in game managing...
    but i dunno why this thread gets.. forgotten.. and players start new ones asking for music entrance LOL 😵 i apreciate sense of humor.. though i think i'm not the only one here who wants this feature 😳

Regards

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree