1. Joined
    22 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '06 11:48
    Can we create an option of a 1 day timeout but with the option of a shorter time bank other than the current lowest option of 7 days. I like the one day time out but want to create a game with a tighter time bank to avoid that sitting around waiting scene. Something like an otion of 2 and 3 day time bank would be nice...!
  2. ARIZONA
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 04:14
    I think some options should be able to have no time out, and only time bank. So your time doesnt restart... it keeps going! That way, some one losing in a game cant just wait till the last second to make a move then wait another two weeks to make another move.

What does everyone else think? 😏
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Jun '06 09:55
    Originally posted by AZHAWTNESS
    I think some options should be able to have no time out, and only time bank. So your time doesnt restart... it keeps going! That way, some one losing in a game cant just wait till the last second to make a move then wait another two weeks to make another move.

What does everyone else think? 😏
    Some tournaments have this. Of course the issue for having it in general is that someone could make 4 moves and then you have to wait perhaps 60 days before you can time them out.

They are also a nightmare to play in at times. Always flashing those damn clocks at you.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Jun '06 12:57
    it might be helpfull however to be able to enter an arbitary time (in hours) for the time out and time bank, with preset limits. mor flexibility for people who want to play speed ches for example.
  5. Joined
    06 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 00:172 edits
    If you don't want someone to wait weeks until moving, just make a shorter time bank and don't accept challenges from people with large time banks.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 00:22
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    it might be helpfull however to be able to enter an arbitary time (in hours) for the time out and time bank, with preset limits. mor flexibility for people who want to play speed ches for example.
    We play correspondence here.
  7. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '06 08:331 edit
    Originally posted by RedHotPawn
    Welcome to Red Hot Pawn
    The first thing to know is that Red Hot Pawn is first and foremost a correspondence chess site. This means that when you make a move in a game, it is unlikely that your opponent will reply to your move immediately. Typically, you will make a move and then wait minutes, hours, or, depending on your opponent, sometimes even days for your next move.

When you opponent does move, you will be notified by email, or, if you choose not to receive email notifications, you will see a list of games awaiting your move each time you visit Red Hot Pawn

Isn't that a very slow way to play?
    Whilst real-time chess is suited to fast, blitz games, Red Hot Pawn allows you to make moves when you are ready; games don't have to be finished in one sitting. It is for players who would rather have several games running concurrently and dip in and out of the site throughout the day.
  8. Joined
    07 Jun '06
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 00:15
    i think both of the ideas, 2 day timebank and no timeout with only timebank can bu quite useful.

actually a 2 day timebank is what i'd like to see here. it's really long to wait for a week or more but i'd like to put some timebank for the people i play (and for myself of course) so that in case of an unexpected incident we can have a small amount of time at hand. if the things keep me away for more than, say, 2 days then i loose a game, it's ok. but i would feel guilty if i press the skull for a game that i set no time bank (i never did that but i'm very new to the site, i experienced this only once or twice). i know that the people can decide not to play with those settings but many times i overlook about the timebank and also timeouts when i search through open invites..

however, there may be some issues with timebank only option.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree