1. Joined
    04 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 10:12
    Hi

I am new. I played two games and I noticed that my opponents played many games at the same time, and I had to wait a long time for a response. It's ok, but there should be a possibility to just play one game at one time against one opponent.

Probably one could insert a parameter in "Find Player" and "My Settings" to notify/to set that a player wants to play one game, duration maximum 2 days (possible time difference). When playing an email notification could change the parameter.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 10:19
    Actually this is a correspondance chess site. Which means that you shzould be prepared for longer waits until your opponent finds time to return to your game. This is also reflected in the available timings. The shortest available option is 1/0 (1 day timeout, no timebank) which gives your opponent roughly a day.

The other point is even if I would state in my profile to be open to play one game exclusievly at a time I still would have that day available...
  3. Joined
    04 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 14:52
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Actually this is a correspondance chess site. Which means that you shzould be prepared for longer waits until your opponent finds time to return to your game. This is also reflected in the available timings. The shortest available option is 1/0 (1 day timeout, no timebank) which gives your opponent roughly a day.

The other point is even if I would stat ...[text shortened]... ofile to be open to play one game exclusievly at a time I still would have that day available...
    Hallo Ponderable,

I know that this is a correspondance chess site and I don't want to change it.

I talked about something different, about the possibility to play as well, whenever I like (!), one single game with one single player.

For that I suggested to add a parameter into the software.

Your answer has nothing to see with my question! There are only 2 options to my suggestion: yes or no.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 15:24
    Originally posted by hmups
    Hallo Ponderable,

I talked about something different, about the possibility to play as well, whenever I like (!), one single game with one single player.

Your answer has nothing to see with my question! There are only 2 options to my suggestion: yes or no.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
    what is your suggestion? you want a game with a 24 hour timebank that ticks away after each move?

you might as well play blitz.
  5. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 16:30
    Hallo Ponderable,

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
    See that "Play blitz" icon in the upper right corner of the page?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 16:34
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    See that "Play blitz" icon in the upper right corner of the page?
    no, i see 'log out' ๐Ÿ˜‰
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 17:27
    Originally posted by trev33
    no, i see 'log out' ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Do us all a favour and click it.
  8. ALG
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 19:40
    Hi

I am new. I played two games and I noticed that my opponents played many games at the same time, and I had to wait a long time for a response. It's ok, but there should be a possibility to just play one game at one time against one opponent.

Probably one could insert a parameter in "Find Player" and "My Settings" to notify/to set that a player wants t ...[text shortened]... hen playing an email notification could change the parameter.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
    Try:
    My settings > my profile settings
    Here can you set a maximum number of games.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    15 Dec '08 20:06
    Hi

Probably one could insert a parameter in "Find Player" and "My Settings" to notify/to set that a player wants t ...[text shortened]... hen playing an email notification could change the parameter.

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
    I think there are very few players on the site who play only one game at a time, and even fewer who play one fast game. So I doubt there would be enough support for this idea to have it implemented. You could try to specify your desired conditions in an open invite, or start a thread asking for an opponent who agrees on those conditions.
  10. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 04:02
    Maybe an option should be available for 0/1 time settings. or 0/2. I notices the big 2009 championship tourney has 0 as the timeout, the time limit is the timebank, so time is operated in the game like the clock in OTB, only its 60 days long.

Maybe we should have that option when we set up games, issue clan challenge, create club tournaments. Then you'd know the game would be done in, say, 2 days. If that's what you like. I know I have clan members who want "fast" games, but 1/0 time settings can make a game still last more than 2 months.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 12:31
    he simply asks that there be an option to a game that only allows persons who have no games going on to join. and then that same option would prevent those two from joining any other games until the game in question is finished.

if this is what he asks, it is idiotic and accomplishes nothing. not only the game would last the same, but you wouldn't be able to play anything else.
  12. Joined
    04 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 15:18
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he simply asks that there be an option to a game that only allows persons who have no games going on to join. and then that same option would prevent those two from joining any other games until the game in question is finished.

if this is what he asks, it is idiotic and accomplishes nothing. not only the game would last the same, but you wouldn't be able to play anything else.
    Hallo Zahlanzi,

I think my question is not at all "idiotic", if it was I would not publish it.

The way you express yourself - arrogant and dumb - should not be the rule in this forum, think about it and try to have respect for those who cannot compete with your intelligence! Be polite!

Kind regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 16:03
    Hallo Zahlanzi,

I think my question is not at all "idiotic", if it was I would not publish it.

The way you express yourself - arrogant and dumb - should not be the rule in this forum, think about it and try to have respect for those who cannot compete with your intelligence! Be polite!

Kind regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
    German folk are reknown for their tolerance of others ๐Ÿ˜‰
  14. Joined
    09 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 16:12
    I suggest not playing subscribers and only playing games with 0 timebank
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 17:071 edit
    Hi

Regards

Uwe Schmiedecke
    This is a bad idea.

Use the blitz option. If there were a 24 hour option, or a 48 hour option 6-9 hours would be eaten up when one player sleeps or works. Someone can easily figure out when you are or are not around, make a game and you'd be stuck with much of your clock erased.

They do this 2 or 3 times, making moves after you work or sleep and next thing you know you're complaining about a feature you devised.

It won't work.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree