Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    17 Dec '08 07:31
    Let's have the option to play 4 player chess. The board is bigger and the other 2 players place their pieces on the other 2 sides of the board.

It's alot of fun.
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    20 Dec '08 13:32
    Originally posted by uzless
    Let's have the option to play 4 player chess. The board is bigger and the other 2 players place their pieces on the other 2 sides of the board.

It's alot of fun.
    This is Red Hot Pawn, not It's Your Turn.

3. Standard member Crowley
    Not Aleister
    20 Dec '08 13:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Great job, Columbo
  4. Standard member ivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    20 Dec '08 14:24
    He he. I would rather have bughouse chess. Schemingmind is the site with most chess variants. Try to check it there.
  5. 20 Dec '08 15:12
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    Bughouse chess.
    Bughouse chess in correspondence setting. That would become quite crazy
  6. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    20 Dec '08 19:05
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Anyone up for some Hungry Hungry Hippo?
  7. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    21 Dec '08 04:19
    Originally posted by uzless

It's alot of fun.
    I have been playing 4 way chess for 25 years.
    You add 3 rows to each of the 4 sides of the board.
    You need 4 colors of pieces and the players sitting across from each other are partners. The object is to checkmate both opponents kings. Of course there is no talking. It can be played with either all single pawn moves or like regular chess. Pawns queen on your opponents back rank. The tactics are incredible. Quadruple check is possible. Castling is seldom a good move. The original form was invented in London in the 1850's.
  8. 24 Dec '08 05:47
    Some people call it swiss chess because of its shape.
  9. Standard member leisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    25 Dec '08 02:35
    Originally posted by caissad4
    I have been playing 4 way chess for 25 years.
    You add 3 rows to each of the 4 sides of the board.
    You need 4 colors of pieces and the players sitting across from each other are partners. The object is to checkmate both opponents kings. Of course there is no talking. It can be played with either all single pawn moves or like regular chess. Pawns queen on y ...[text shortened]... ssible. Castling is seldom a good move. The original form was invented in London in the 1850's.
    It's a fun game, and we sometimes play it when we have family get togethers--it's more social than just two player chess. We play teams and only play until one player gets checkmated. I'm not sure how it would work in this setting though.
  10. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    25 Dec '08 07:31
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    It's a fun game, and we sometimes play it when we have family get togethers--it's more social than just two player chess. We play teams and only play until one player gets checkmated. I'm not sure how it would work in this setting though.
    When one king is mated their pieces turn to stone, exerting no influence and not capturable while the mate stands. The partner can then attempt to release the mate, sometimes even by mating the side which is enforcing the mate. But it is usually unlikely since the player only has one move to their opponents two moves.